Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mate I follow a lot of forums for outrage when they are about to lose their star player.

It's 'car crash' internet at its finest. I read RAWK, RedCafe and Bluemoon on a regular basis when I am bored at work and am happy to admit that.

I love Everton and want us to progress - not to keep making the same mistakes.

Mata isn't this worldy some here think he is.

That was a quick sleep from you their mate?

Matapass-gif.gif

Rubbish.

Clearly shinned it.

It's similar as to why I wasn't really fussed as to losing Lukaku, if for stupid money. The way we've set up for well over a decade simply didn't suit him, and it was responsible for every bad patch of form we had because suddenly we didn't look like we'd get a shot on goal ever when the ball permanently ping ponged off his shins.

But with a Mata in a number 10 role? Perhaps Barkley deeper, alongside a deep lying playmaker in Witsel? Different ball game - suddenly Lukaku is indispensible.

If we keep Rom and he is fully committed to the cause we could be outstanding going forward next term.

My biggest reason to like Koeman last season btw was his ability to change his set-up and tactics on a game by game basis depending on the oppo.

So I doubt we'll see too many games where it is a 'rigid' system - so suddenly a player like Mata - with experience of playing anywhere across the attacking mid slots and the ability he has will make him the key cog in our team - the fulcrum if you will, whether he's on the wing or as a 10.

That allows Ross the freedom to, as you say, play deeper when needed, or have the space he needs to operate to his full potential in the No.10 role.

Watch clips of Martinez's first season. Most of Ross's best moments that season came when he had Pienaar next to him, operating from the left but drifting everywhere to link the play.

If this signing comes off it'll be superb for the team and the club as a whole. Throw in Witsel and it's a massive statement that yes, even if we have underachieved and we may still have to sell one of our better players, we mean business.

IF it happens.... Mata will be a great signing for us ! Hope it gets over the line sooner rather than later .... then we can moan about the NEXT potential signing !

Fair enough.
Worldie perhaps not, but for the reported £21M and the fact we had settled for players like Osman and Naismith. We are getting a proven winner, who lets not forget won Chelsea player of the year twice on the bounce even the season he left for United.
His experience, talent and pedigree will aid the squad immensely and look at the flip.....

Is he going to weaken our team?
No he won't weaken our team.

He isn't the answer though. He goes missing in nearly every game I have seen of his.

Prove me wrong Juan. I would be very happy if he is as prolific as most of you think he will be.

You know, for all the stick Clevs get I do think a lot of it is unfair.

I won't shed any tears if he leaves but I don't get the hate either. He's a solid dependable player and I think Koeman will actually take to him - just not as a winger, mind.

I like him, despite not doing so previously. Proved me wrong in many ways.

But he's a mid-table Premier League player we should be aiming to rinse a club for £10m+ for at this point; not a player for where our new ambitions seemingly lie.

You know, for all the stick Clevs get I do think a lot of it is unfair.

I won't shed any tears if he leaves but I don't get the hate either. He's a solid dependable player and I think Koeman will actually take to him - just not as a winger, mind.

And that the problem, I actually watched him a lot prior to us signing him, he was fairly decent for Villa, in midfield, then the clown starts playing him left wing, I mean what even is that?

As a squad player, no issue at all me, as a starter or a winger, GOD NO.

No he won't weaken our team.

He isn't the answer though. He goes missing in nearly every game I have seen of his.

Prove me wrong Juan. I would be very happy if he is as prolific as most of you think he will be.

He never went missing at Chelsea as he was the fulcrum of the side lad. 35 assists and 17 goals in one campaign!

At Utd he was flying under Moyes as Moyes gave him the creative responsibility. LVG - if anything - is more pessimistic than even Moyes, and used other players as the main playmaker.

That's the point - wherever Mata plays in the team, he will be our main man. It will go through him first and foremost and that in turn gives Barkley and Kev and Del the space they need to be at their best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back