Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyway, I am really going now. Bed calls, it's been a long day.

I like a debate and am happy to accept other's opinions.

You are aware of mine when it comes to Mata and that's = not what we need.

Pace, power, presence please. Not another overrated Man Utd hand-me-down.

You put your points across well. My concern is that you followed United's forum last summer to see the fear that De Gea might leave yet you are new to this, the largest Everton forum, who you actually support?

Where you been?

United won't really care as much because they understood as soon as Mourinho came in, Mata was out of the question.

It's not rocket science; Mata leaving is just inevitable, and is the result of one man's opinion on one footballer, when very nearly every other manager universally loves the guy.

In fact, it's still bizarre to me we're apparently getting him uncontested. That's my only concern at this moment - that a PSG or even a Barcelona will see the price tag and think he's worth a hijack.

Its like if Lukaku was leaving and i knew we could go and get Lewandowski in - i honestly wouldn't be bothered seeing him leave, same situation as this mate really isn't it

Don't think Mata is the typical dumb footy player mate, i imagine he has given his agent strict instructions about his preferences - maybe wanted to stay in the are, or the league etc, maybe wanted to be at a club he'd be built around etc, maybe he wants what he had at Chelsea - a team he was absolutely at the core of, and knows he won't get that at the PSGs or Barcas

I never seen as much outrage As this when we were linked with Carrick weeks back, even when Gibson was given a new contract. Juan Mata not good enough for Everton, a team that last season consisted of Osman, Cleverley and McGeady in midfield. If your judging Mata on last year then goodbye Stones, Baines, Coleman, McCarthy,Miralles, Oviedo, Gibson. Everyone has their own opinion but for me, this guy is a level above any midfielder at this club right now. I would love to see who we get if we don't get Mata because I doubt he will be better.

Are you being serious? Do you actually watch football?

Payet has pace and energy - this is why he can play anywhere behind the no.9 (striker).

Mata is SLOW. He can't play on the wing in this league - he played on the right for Man Utd and was awful 99% of the time.

Put it this way. Before he was linked to us, what did you all say about Juan Mata last season? I bet it wasn't positive!
Good old piernaar was never renowned for pace an did pretty good, the way lvg set up required fast wingers so he never stood a chance

Its like if Lukaku was leaving and i knew we could go and get Lewandowski in - i honestly wouldn't be bothered seeing him leave, same situation as this mate really isn't it

Don't think Mata is the typical dumb footy player mate, i imagine he has given his agent strict instructions about his preferences - maybe wanted to stay in the are, or the league etc, maybe wanted to be at a club he'd be built around etc, maybe he wants what he had at Chelsea - a team he was absolutely at the core of, and knows he won't get that at the PSGs or Barcas

Can only think we have two advantages over everyone else - location (is he settled in the north west?) and preparedness to pay insane wages.

Had a little read of redcafe last night, few saying good riddance, to weak, to slow, not needed, few saying meh, few saying they dont understand his sale and hoping he will stay, must admit the majority didnt seem fussed, but then United have just signed ZLATAN!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, 1 comment stood out to me, it was something along the lines of "We never ever played a striker infront him, 1 that would feed off through balls and run in behind" I wonder where we could find 1 of them?

lukaku-main.jpg

You put your points across well. My concern is that you followed United's forum last summer to see the fear that De Gea might leave yet you are new to this, the largest Everton forum, who you actually support?

Where you been?

Mate I follow a lot of forums for outrage when they are about to lose their star player.

It's 'car crash' internet at its finest. I read RAWK, RedCafe and Bluemoon on a regular basis when I am bored at work and am happy to admit that.

I love Everton and want us to progress - not to keep making the same mistakes.

Mata isn't this worldy some here think he is.

Mate I follow a lot of forums for outrage when they are about to lose their star player.

It's 'car crash' internet at its finest. I read RAWK, RedCafe and Bluemoon on a regular basis when I am bored at work and am happy to admit that.

I love Everton and want us to progress - not to keep making the same mistakes.

Mata isn't this worldy some here think he is.

You can't celebrate when he lifts a pot in Royal Blue then.

Had a little read of redcafe last night, few saying good riddance, to weak, to slow, not needed, few saying meh, few saying they dont understand his sale and hoping he will stay, must admit the majority didnt seem fussed, but then United have just signed ZLATAN!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, 1 comment stood out to me, it was something along the lines of "We never ever played a striker infront him, 1 that would feed off through balls and run in behind" I wonder where we could find 1 of them?

lukaku-main.jpg

Day 1 lesson for Mata.

"Never, ever pass the ball to his feet mate - he doesn't know what the word "trap" means. Pass it about five yards in front of him every time and we'll be sound."

Are you being serious? Do you actually watch football?

Payet has pace and energy - this is why he can play anywhere behind the no.9 (striker).

Mata is SLOW. He can't play on the wing in this league - he played on the right for Man Utd and was awful 99% of the time.

Put it this way. Before he was linked to us, what did you all say about Juan Mata last season? I bet it wasn't positive!

Yes, I actually watch it for a living.

Read my post again - I didn't compare the two styles of the players - it was how they will feature in our side, which will completely be built around him.

He's a class player that despite only having limited game time last season still got 11 assists and 10 goals. He's better than any of our current midfielders

Hasn't mata just turned 28 not too long ago? So i doubt hes over the hill etc.. Plus im.not fussed about sell on value

lukaku-main.jpg

From their perspective I can see why they're not too bothered. He's been misused there badly and didn't fit the former or current manager's way of playing.

In our team though. For us? Wow. Finally some vision. And what a combination we could have with him, Deulofeu, Kev, Rom and Niasse.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back