Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
@andreasvalera

Exclusive: On Mata: If he leaves @ManUtd , he wants a move back to Spain. A transfer to @everton will not happen
iceman.gif

Great player, im a massive fan and he will thrive here, we can give him the foundation he needs to be the player he should be, he should want to come to Everton and he would be doing well to sign for us.

Would improve us much.

Andreas Valera has a history of chatting complete bubbles. For example I remember last year when United pulled out of the Pedro deal he said a "massive, massive" name was in the pipeline instead, which turned out to be Martial.

Its a squad game these days, if any game ever proved it, it was the semi final Vs City at their place. We were the better team over two legs, yet when they emptied their bench they had the shot in the arm they needed in quality to beat us marginally. So i have no problem with Ross and/or Mata.

Ross also needs not to be indulged, it has hurt his development. A bit of a compitition, decent coaching and having to prove he deserves to start is exactly what he needs - i have every faith in him.

Barkley could learn so much from Mata if he signed. A Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup, World Cup, Euro's winner at 27 years of age and by all accounts a consumate professional and all round classy man.

Not only would we be signing a top player on the pitch, the mentality and personality off the pitch is just as important.

Isn't it the same old problem of a narrow midfielder who wants to play central, being stuck on the left, and therefore will not stay wide? I feel like if we have a natural wide player in Lennon / Geri on the right, and then a 'forced' winger on the left, it doesn't balance out well

....not too bad if Baines provides the real width when he links and overlaps in the top third. I suspect Mata would score more goals and create more chances over a season than Lennon. Also, the advantage of him drifting in slightly might see him provide the through balls many want for Lukaku.

Swings and roundabouts I suppose.

Barkley could learn so much from Mata if he signed. A Champions League, Europa League, FA Cup, World Cup, Euro's winner at 27 years of age and by all accounts a consumate professional and all round classy man.

Not only would we be signing a top player on the pitch, the mentality and personality off the pitch is just as important.

As could Davies, Dowell, Ledson and Walsh as they could with Witsel, we're stocked for midfielders, for the next 20 years.

What a learning environment if the transfers come to pass.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back