Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
have to say i agree with this , mori isn't good enough lacks concentration and is a naive defender. think some supporters get suckered in to thinking he is top class because he scores a few goals and does a wild celebration
No it's because he regularly leads the list in clearances, headers, blocks, etc

Highly rated by who? Yourself?

Calhanoglu - as i said, best known for free kicks to the majority. In a league where dortmund and bayern sweep up the best talent, thats yet to happen.

Silva- played in a jarg Portuguese league where he was bought by overspending monaco. Just had a look and he got 1 assist in the league last year? Highly rated playermaker he sounds like

Im not quite sure what youre attempting to analyze here?

They are rated as 2 of the top playmakers in european football and each would be anywhere from £25-35mil to buy....

£20m+ for a player at 28. Certainly no where past it but not really someone I see at Everton, very slow too.

Ridiculous this. The FIFA fanboys will hate his but what exaclty does he offer over Barkley?

He offers everything Barkley lacks, vision, creativity, smart movement, incisive passing, intelligence. Just as Barkley offers everything Mata lacks, driving runs, power, 2 footed, more mobility.

If you want a fair assessment of Mata look at his first 2 seasons at Chelsea when played in his preferred position and under a manager who wanted him,

Season 11/12 - 6 goals 13 assists
Season 12/13 - 11 goals 12 assists
Season 14/15 - 6 goals 5 assists (Playing wide right)
Season 15/16 - 6 goals 5 assists (Playing wide right)

Then Barkley

Season 14/15 - 2 goals 2 assists
Season 15/16 - 8 goals 8 assists

Out of position at Utd he contributed more over the past 2 seasons than Barkley did and the 2 seasons at Chelsea in his favoured role he contributed 22 more goals or assists than Barkley has in the past 2 seasons, he's a level above Barkley in that creative role and it's time for Barkley to be coached correctly into a deeper role and then if he can get 8 goals and 8 assists his contribution would be fantastic but as a #10 he will never reach the intelligence and creative levels of a player like Mata who see's the picture before the ball has got to them.

Both would probably cost £30m+ mate and I'm not sure how much you've seen of Mata but he's had seasons of being among the best in the league. If Mata is £21m and proven compared to them two, he's an amazing buy.

The past couple of years aren't a fair measure for him as he hasn't been played right at all - you're going to love him when you see him on the pitch for us.

Hope so! Would like a Deco in his prime myself

proxy.jpg

I'll be sad to see him go. He'll be a great signing for Everton.

Consistently been up there among our best assist and goal scorers. One thing is for certain with Mata is he'll always contribute, whether by assisting or scoring- even if he is having a quite game.

Apparently schneiderlin may be coming too. What do you think of him?

Im not quite sure what youre attempting to analyze here?

They are rated as 2 of the top playmakers in european football and each would be anywhere from £25-35mil to buy....

*****Potential(in the future)***** Top 2 playmakers

D.Silva
Payet
Ozil
Iniesta
Modric
Coutinho
Fabregas
Kroos

off the top of my head are miles ahead of those two you've mentioned.

Now if you're happy scouting players fresh out the womb Zat no problem, just don't spout utter dirge as fact when it's your opinion.

It would be of great quality if Juan Mata could arrive at Everton FC. In addition, I hope we are looking at signing some horrible snides to complement our traditional midfield of midgets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back