Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't resort to name calling
How do you think he gets his information mate? He asks his sources, like people on here ask him. Get out of his arse it's embarrassing

Get out of @Bungle s arse mate, it's embarrasing, at least he came out and said it to me straight away which is fine, rather than jump on a little band wagon and following on like you.

Now cheerio you melt

Last edited:
As an United fans, I reckon you guys can get Mata for about £25m to £30m.
Since Barkley is your no10, I actually wonder where are you going to play him if he joins?
Wouldn't be surprised if he moved to CM, at least some of the time, if we signed Mata. He's said before that he wants to play there, and when he's played there in the past he's done well

As an United fans, I reckon you guys can get Mata for about £25m to £30m.
Since Barkley is your no10, I actually wonder where are you going to play him if he joins?

A traditional midfield 3 has a creative player, a box to box player and a defensive player.

Your own midfield has Carrick as the defensive screen, Schneiderlin as the box to box player and then Rooney as the creative one.

I think Barkley will move back to the box to box role, he has the pace and stamina, as well as the strength. what he does need to work on though is his defensive reading, and tackling without fouling. If Koeman works on this throughout summer it should not be a problem however.

Its not so much the formation that would be an issue, more the fact that you have Coleman and Baines at CB which negates their attacking qualities and leaves us very very weak at the back. If you play a back three they need to be out and out central defenders to give the team balance.

No itd be more like besic dropping back to fill in at cb with the ability to bring the ball forward - like jags/stones do currently while coleman and baines operate as wing backs to widen the play and give barkley the space he needs to drive the team forward and compensate for matas lack of pace

A traditional midfield 3 has a creative player, a box to box player and a defensive player.

Your own midfield has Carrick as the defensive screen, Schneiderlin as the box to box player and then Rooney as the creative one.

I think Barkley will move back to the box to box role, he has the pace and stamina, as well as the strength. what he does need to work on though is his defensive reading, and tackling without fouling. If Koeman works on this throughout summer it should not be a problem however.

We had this last season with Barry, McCarthy and Barkley/Cleverley.......... don't tell me this time last season you would have thought that midfield would at least have us in the top 8........

But they played like crap Barry excluded.

Oh for better days I hope.

We had this last season with Barry, McCarthy and Barkley/Cleverley.......... don't tell me this time last season you would have thought that midfield would at least have us in the top 8........

But they played like crap Barry excluded.

Oh for better days I hope.

Well I am hoping that Barkley will be a better box to box player than James and Mata a more creative player than Ross.

The defensive midfielder will be either Barry for another season or maybe Witsel (I haven't seen so much of him to know his exact role.)

Well I am hoping that Barkley will be a better box to box player than James and Mata a more creative player than Ross.

The defensive midfielder will be either Barry for another season or maybe Witsel (I haven't seen so much of him to know his exact role.)

Yep I'm excited replacing first team regulars with arguably better players gives me a warm feeling, despite the very active naysayers out there.

Glass half full me some on here are glass totally empty unfortunately.

If there is one thing here that is pretty massively off it's the bolded one. Looks dead on his feet afte 30min.

Yep I'm excited replacing first team regulars with arguably better players gives me a warm feeling, despite the very active naysayers out there.

Glass half full me some on here are glass totally empty unfortunately.

i hope we get Mata because I like him as a player, but if we don't I like the fact we are looking at quality creative players.

The future is bright here, happy to sit back and watch with my first ever, reduced thank to new owners, season ticket. ;)

If there is one thing here that is pretty massively off it's the bolded one. Looks dead on his feet afte 30min.

I feel like it is something he had and lost after gaining too much top-heavy weight. If he loses that (easier than gaining) and works hard on his fitness, he will cover a lot of ground this season.

His extra weight comes from the bench rather than Mars bars in my opinion by the way, in no way do I think he looks fat.

I feel like it is something he had and lost after gaining too much top-heavy weight. If he loses that (easier than gaining) and works hard on his fitness, he will cover a lot of ground this season.

His extra weight comes from the bench rather than Mars bars in my opinion by the way, in no way do I think he looks fat.
oh, i don't disagree with that as well. he needs to get more lean than what he is. would probably help him to pull away when attacking as well. if he can i think he'll be better but last year(and really the year before with that MCL tear?) he hasn't looked like he can do 90minutes without needing a hammock for 15minutes to take a break.

i hope we get Mata because I like him as a player, but if we don't I like the fact we are looking at quality creative players.

The future is bright here, happy to sit back and watch with my first ever, reduced thank to new owners, season ticket. ;)
Except, until there is some concrete proof of a bid or interest in Mata/Witsel, how can you say this is true?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back