Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOL. You mean Balague who dines with Mikel Arteta?

Also. We haven't even made an approach!

To be fair, Balague is normally spot on, if he calls something and it changes, he at least has the information as to why it changed.
Sort of admits when he gets thing wrong, im sure he isn't ruling Mata out, just that we are far from completing the deal.

You start where the availability is. If we didn't feel that Mata was available we wouldn't be looking at specifically buying Mata would we?

All of this of course assumes tat Koeman sees Barkley as an attacking midfielder.
I hope not.

To be fair, Balague is normally spot on, if he calls something and it changes, he at least has the information as to why it changed.
Sort of admits when he gets thing wrong, im sure he isn't ruling Mata out, just that we are far from completing the deal.

Think that could be the case, but, Balague's track record over the past two seasons or so has gone down hill massively.

You start where the availability is. If we didn't feel that Mata was available we wouldn't be looking at specifically buying Mata would we?

All of this of course assumes tat Koeman sees Barkley as an attacking midfielder.

Sounds like he has an idea, just not going to decide until he's in training.

“He is already, at his age, a key player for Everton,” said the new Blues’ boss. “But he is still young. I am looking forward to working with him and making him a better player and that’s really what we try to do.

“But in the end it’s all about the player himself.

“It’s still a little bit difficult for me because I need to see him in training to form a 100 per cent opinion about what his best position is. It will be one of the midfield positions, but sometimes players play on the left side or the right side, but he is a vital young player in the Everton team and he will get that support.”

“I like him as a player because he’s good on the left and on the right, and has a good view on the pitch. He needs to improve. He is not talent anymore, he is a national player and expectations are strong for him. He needs support and we will see when he comes back in training.”

Are UTD back in training? if so bit weird for Mata still to be on holiday.

Unless he is already back and Balague is was talking out of his rectum piece.

I agree, better spending the money on the likes of Wes Hoolahan who have proved they can handle the hustle and bustle of the premier league.

I assume Mattys previous comment about Mata was tongue in cheek

upload_2016-7-4_14-16-43.webp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back