Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well yes.

I'm not so sure transfers are done with the actual player these days - 75% must surely be with agents?

Yep - lets be honest most of the time players meeting clubs is down to see the fit and vision of the manager which is sound.

With Mata working with Koeman in the past, i would presume thats a formality, or they have been in contact already.

Agent sorts the business side out, Mata comes in signs the contract and poses with the shirt.

Jobs a good un.

Surely this would see Ross moved back to a traditional central midfield role. With a whole summer of training, he could learn the basics to develop in that role, for example, tracking back, closing down, interceptions, being strong in the tackle. None of which should be above him with hard work and application, as well as top coaching.

Jose is back so I would assume they're back in a day or two.

Wednesday may be right but cos it's come from Balague i'm saying it's wrong.

hahahaha, you never know with the stuff he spouts.

I seen the headline and presumed they where back today, i see City's players are. We where originally due back on the 7th so maybe UTD are back then.

Who knows.

Nah, for saying that he isn't a big signing and that Lukaku was a bigger signing than him.

Whats wrong with saying that though? I was genuinely shocked when Lukaku signed full time. He was a striker who had his whole career ahead of him and was highly rated.

I wouldnt be overly shocked if we did sign Mata. Its a good signing, very good in fact but I dont buy into this thinking of him being a massive statement of intent either.

We will be discussing any deals with his representatives anyway so Mata being on holiday doesn't really matter until a deal is agreed with United and contract agreed with his representatives

I hope we can come up with something better than Mata.

First of all, Barkley is allready playing the position, Mata would be playing, and secondly of all, he is not that good anymore. It is a huge gamble.

I can't see the point.

With you here

Whats the point in wasting 20m+ and then 100k a week over 3 years when we have Barkley

We will set him back years by either changing his position or not playing him enough

Surely this would see Ross moved back to a traditional central midfield role. With a whole summer of training, he could learn the basics to develop in that role, for example, tracking back, closing down, interceptions, being strong in the tackle. None of which should be above him with hard work and application, as well as top coaching.

Barkley's natural game is the attacking side of play, i fear we will never see the massively closing down tracking tackling side of him because he has been pushed forward the last 3 years.

He has it in his locker, and I think he has plenty to prove to Koeman

With you here

Whats the point in wasting 20m+ and then 100k a week over 3 years when we have Barkley

We will set him back years by either changing his position or not playing him enough

Barkley has hardly set the world alight in that position.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back