Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

Transfer Rumour Juan Mata

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely this can't happen?!

Mata, playing for Everton, in his prime.

Witsel, Schneiderlin, Pellé, Strootman.

Christ.

Who needs drugs, when you can get kicks like this :lol:

Waiting for ol' Farhad to turn round in a RS shirt and go "Mata.... NAHHH, but we've just agreed a 25m deal to resign Tim Howard and Leon Osman, on long term contracts"

People really don't like Everton much do they? Haha heads falling off all over the place about this
confused_lion_king.gif

If 21 million pounds is the fee that is an absolute bargain. United paid double that 2 1/2 years ago and prices have inflated massively since that point. With some of the fees being quoted that would be an absolute steal.

Koeman is looking a people who can make an impact immediately. I am not worried about our long term impact. It has been said that we have too many players at the end and start of their career. Buying players in their prime will help rectify this.

Longer term we have very good young players, who will either improve and step up to the mark or move on. Some will step up I am sure.

Anyway Mata would be a greta buy. Not in a Marquee signing type of way, but in a very functional player who will make lots of goals for Lukaku or whoever will come.

What makes a marquee signing, exactly?

Because Mata looks like what I think they look like.

I suppose it's someone that makes you get excited. We have seen a lot of Mata. Thats not a problem for me though and I am not in favour of Marquee signings generally.

If 21 million pounds is the fee that is an absolute bargain. United paid double that 2 1/2 years ago and prices have inflated massively since that point. With some of the fees being quoted that would be an absolute steal.

Koeman is looking a people who can make an impact immediately. I am not worried about our long term impact. It has been said that we have too many players at the end and start of their career. Buying players in their prime will help rectify this.

Longer term we have very good young players, who will either improve and step up to the mark or move on. Some will step up I am sure.

Anyway Mata would be a greta buy. Not in a Marquee signing type of way, but in a very functional player who will make lots of goals for Lukaku or whoever will come.

Disagree in that i think he is a marquee signing myself mate

even discounting the goals he will provide for others, he is basically nailed on for double figures himself if played centrally especially - and 10+ from anothe rmidfielder when we have barkley who also chip in with a similar number will make us far less predictable

The Man Utd fan panic on Twitter is something to behold. They can't believe they're selling a player like that to 'little old Everton'.

Penny hasn't dropped on English football yet that we're back and have been so since Moshiri signed on the dotted line.

I suppose it's someone that makes you get excited. We have seen a lot of Mata. Thats not a problem for me though and I am not in favour of Marquee signings generally.
It was considered a big deal when he went to United. I don't think his status in the game has diminished since then. He's got plenty of miles left on the clock, too.

Given our and United's relative stature, to me, that makes the prospect of this happening an absolutely massive deal.

It was considered a big deal when he went to United. I don't think his status in the game has diminished since then. He's got plenty of miles left on the clock, too.

Given our and United's relative stature, to me, that makes the prospect of this happening an absolutely massive deal.

It would be a huge deal mate. A very similar signing to Beardsley and would be a big player for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back