Transfer Rumour Kalvin Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.
Never loan in a player whose wages you'll pay destroy the club's wage structure.
Completely this. Swans in the door and is instantly our highest paid player, does no good when we’re trying to implement a more sensible structure, and risks morale if he stinks the place out on 2 or 3 times the wages of players who are working harder and playing better.

happy-rave.gif

Completely this. Swans in the door and is instantly our highest paid player, does no good when we’re trying to implement a more sensible structure, and risks morale if he stinks the place out on 2 or 3 times the wages of players who are working harder and playing better.

Exactly Tony, plus then comes the pressure on the manager to justify the outlay by playing him 'till he comes good'.

Everyone shouting for Tim to play and excited about his development and who think Philips is a good idea, where do they think he's gonna play and who is he gonna push out the side, can tell you right now it won't be Gueye and that'll leave Tim as fourth choice behind those two - likely reduces Garners time as third choice then too.

In a team whose manager very rarely makes subs more than 10 minutes from the end and who very rarely rotates a player.

Basically we'd be paying 10m to harm a potential very good young players development - and the calls of if Tim's good enough he'll play doesn't wash it, if Philips arrives even if woeful he'll end up playing 30 odd games

I think he will be horribly exposed there, just don't think he has the legs anymore and Ipswich are going to be needing legs to survive. I know they're flavour of the month and McKenna has done an exceptional job but the step up to the PL is huge.

I think he will be horribly exposed there, just don't think he has the legs anymore and Ipswich are going to be needing legs to survive. I know they're flavour of the month and McKenna has done an exceptional job but the step up to the PL is huge.
On the evidence of his West Ham showing, its a tough gig... it will be interesting to see how he does. It's a steep hill to limb to get back to his prime Leeds form, and I expect he may struggle.

At best the may do a Martinez at Wigan job.

At worst they'll do a Luton.

Good manager and FOTM at the mo, but they still have on paper a pretty woeful side. At a certain point quality of player well outways what any manager can do.

No doubt he’ll go there and be amazing and people will be all over Thelwell but even if he is a success, spending the best part of 10m on a loan was never the right thing to do, especially such a risky one.
Think you right if and it's a big if he gets back on form, they could just have bought a player that keeps them in with a shout of staying up it's worth a gamble to them.
He was a good player a few years ago , maybe less pressure at ipswich might do him some good.
For us it's a different game , for the money we have he would have to hit the ground running to be of any use, sooner fill other positions and use the money to buy a player to own and can make better.
The west ham season , and reporting for his first season at city overweight , have me a bit worried about him to be honest.
Doesn't sound like he really loves the game.
Nothing agaist ipswich or him so good luck to both.

Never if possible loan players from a side in the same competition you are competing with.

It makes them immediately unavailable for two fixtures.

It disrupts a team if a replacement has to be found for these fixtures.

It strengthens a side who you are financially trying to compete with.

The exceptions are when you are trying to dodge PSR like the Raya loan for Arsenal, then buy the next year, if it is a position you really need to strengthen immediately and will serve you over a great length of time.
We're not competing with City despite being in the same competitions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.