Transfer Rumour Kalvin Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

The fact that a player signed for £45m by the champions a few years ago had the choice between Ipswich and Everton should tell us all we need to know about him. This might be a lucky escape.

No doubt he’ll go there and be amazing and people will be all over Thelwell but even if he is a success, spending the best part of 10m on a loan was never the right thing to do, especially such a risky one.
£10M in loan fee and wages for one season is over £192k per week. That's a ridiculous gamble on a player with a dodgy injury history and who's consistently underperformed since 2021. As much as it annoys me that Ipswich are signing players linked to us, it would be a result if we swerve this lad. Even if he has a good season, thats a financial money pit we dont need.

Be interesting to see what Ipswich are paying.

Anyone paying loan sums and anything over 50k for this pudding needs their head testing, showed at West ham last year hes not arsed one bit anymore

This both bothers me and yet doesn't, simultaneously.
Never if possible loan players from a side in the same competition you are competing with.

It makes them immediately unavailable for two fixtures.

It disrupts a team if a replacement has to be found for these fixtures.

It strengthens a side who you are financially trying to compete with.

The exceptions are when you are trying to dodge PSR like the Raya loan for Arsenal, then buy the next year, if it is a position you really need to strengthen immediately and will serve you over a great length of time.

Be interesting to see what Ipswich are paying.

Anyone paying loan sums and anything over 50k for this pudding needs their head testing, showed at West ham last year hes not arsed one bit anymore

Yup but west ham paid 3.5m for essential a four month loan, and covered all 150-160k pw wages.

I said early on City to my knowledge never subsidize loan wages, and always demand a fee, you can play that way when you have zero financial pressure on the club and others will always be more desperate especially late in the window.

Never if possible loan players from a side in the same competition you are competing with.

It makes them immediately unavailable for two fixtures.

It disrupts a team if a replacement has to be found for these fixtures.

It strengthens a side who you are financially trying to compete with.

The exceptions are when you are trying to dodge PSR like the Raya loan for Arsenal, then buy the next year, if it is a position you really need to strengthen immediately and will serve you over a great length of time.

Never loan in a player whose wages you'll pay destroy the club's wage structure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.