Transfer Rumour Keane Lewis-Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gordon has played on the right in games and I have seen KLP play there, he can play across the front 3 tbh, he has played as a LB before and did ok.

Yeh but doesn’t mean that’s where we should play them. Both look best coming in off the left. We need to buy round pegs for round holes not sort-of-round just because.

Yeh but doesn’t mean that’s where we should play them. Both look best coming in off the left. We need to buy round pegs for round holes not sort-of-round just because.
Tbh I doubt he will end up here anyway, too much like a sensible transfer, I can see us ending up with Traore or someone like that.

I know the lads short but he scores a high percentage of his goals with his head. Tells you he knows when to make runs into the box in the right areas something we've not had since Cahill left.
Think it helps that he plays out wide too, can ghost in, in between the full back and centre back. From his highlights video his lack of height probably works to his advantage in that regard, stealthy.

Remember the old adage: A good biggun' is better than a good littlun'.

That archaic viewpoint kind of falls flat on its face when 2 of the greatest forwards of all time are shorter than Lewis-Potter (Messi & Maradona).

Remember the old adage: A good biggun' is better than a good littlun'.
I always bridle at this relatively modern tendency to the fetishisation of bulk by some football supporters, the need for all players to be a’unit’.
Some of the finest players I have witnessed (and will continue to witness) have been relatively small or slight players.
In many cases the ‘smaller’player often benefits from a lower centre of gravity or a better turn of speed and agility ,often both.
Perhaps one reason for the ascendancy of association football over the alternative versions is the fact that all shapes and sizes can find a purposeful place in the team.
The deciding factor should always be skill not size.
It is football not Rugby we follow after all.

Generally speaking - and with a good few exceptions that prove the rule - a player small in stature will struggle in this league...especially a forward.

The guy scores a lot of headers though Dave, but if a Tim Cahill about how he finds that space

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back