Transfer Rumour Keane Lewis-Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the kind of signing that would actually get me feeling positive about the future of everton. But also underlines how we need to give Lampard time, with youth comes inconsistency but will bear fruit eventually.

I'd basically say to Lampard, build a team that in 3 years you believe can compete for Europe/cups.

Let him ride the rough patches out with that long term goal

Generally speaking - and with a good few exceptions that prove the rule - a player small in stature will struggle in this league...especially a forward.
I think it depends if they have the aggression/strength to compensate.. Bernard for example a wet paper bag, Aguero on the other hand strong as an Ox.
Flying in the championship as a teenager would make me think he's got enough about him to cut it in PL physically at least.

People keep talking about all these great short players - it’s because if you are small playing in such a physical league - you have to be great technically to make it.

A bit under that level and you just become a Bernard, bullied and anonymous most weeks.

People keep talking about all these great short players - it’s because if you are small playing in such a physical league - you have to be great technically to make it.

A bit under that level and you just become a Bernard, bullied and anonymous most weeks.
Intelligence trumps physique every time.

norman-potter-please-sir.webp

Cheaper, Easier to get the selling club to agree, less likely the player will want to chance playing for them next season.

Also isn’t a wide player who really wants to play through the middle (from what I can work out), Which is something we’ve lacked for the last few years. I also think he has a higher potential ceiling.

But physical strength is very important unless you are Modric/Silva level absolute baller.
I am not against physical strength being an important facet of a team , merely against the idea that it is the defining arbiter of the desirability and worth of any player.
It isn’t.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back