Transfer Rumour Keane Lewis-Potter

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. Just dont be daft and throw £30M at a vertically challenged lower league player.
What their chariman says he wants != what we would spend. I wouldn't spend more than 20m on him personally.

Thats what Leicester spent on Maddison a few (turns out it was 4) years back. I consider this guy to be in the same ballpark re: physicality, skills, PL experience (none), potential... so £20m would (when you factor in inflation) be cheaper relative to the value of £20m back then.

What their chariman says he wants != what we would spend. I wouldn't spend more than 20m on him personally.

Thats what Leicester spent on Maddison a few (turns out it was 4) years back. I consider this guy to be in the same ballpark re: physicality, skills, PL experience (none), potential... so £20m would (when you factor in inflation) be cheaper relative to the value of £20m back then.
That's plucking out of mid-air a succesful PL player and saying that's what Lewis-Potter will become.

It's a massive gamble...one I hope we dont take.

That's plucking out of mid-air a succesful PL player and saying that's what Lewis-Potter will become.

It's a massive gamble...one I hope we dont take.
it's picking someone out with the same frame, skillset, experience and price point that I can recall off the top of my head.

Don't know much about him but apparently he's doing well at Hull in the championship.Last night was his debut and he did well to score but I don't think he overly impressed, it was after all against Kosovo. If he's worth 30m then Gordon would be worth at least twice that amount.

No problem with a Cahill type who also slots in MF and does the job there too.

I'm not saying it's impossible to be small and succeed up front. He might be a new Mertens. I just doubt the wisdom of getting a small forward overall. It seems like a gamble we dont need.

I wouldn't be playing him as a typical cf mate, but on the wing or as a number 10 off the striker

We used to take loads of gambles under Moyes, especially with EPL signing, which on the whole pair off. The then 5/6m is now the 15/20m.
Moyes mosty gambled on £2M-£3M players. He absolutley banked on the £5M valued players.

I dont get it tbh, we go on about signing hungry young players on the way up yet when one is available we dont want to take the risk?
£30m is way too high, but if its £15m plus performance related add ons surely its the exact type of signing we should be after.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back