Kenwright leaving rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't know what to make of this rumour! Feel slightly worried tho, bills a blue through and through and done everything he can to take us places and kept us up! He knows Everton inside and out. If he leaves it could be a disaster and could be a blessing, could end up a fortress of Europe or just slip like villa Leeds and the rest, I just don't like the idea of it just yet, were not in a good position at the moment and we could end up doomed!? I'd feel more comfortable with it if we were pushing on and in good form, but since moshi as come in 2 year ago don't you think we have lost control? He's threw money about ye but were are we? I smell a disaster coming, does bill know this himself and wants out?? Its not the right time for me just can't see a good future
Evening Bill
Time for you cocoa and BED

I feel honoured, someone spent a long time reading my posts to discern that I am quite even handed in my approach to people.

Except Sam Allardyce, not even-handed about him at all. (If said poster wants to check it out, feel free).

I'm not getting into any more half-assed assertions that are made without any evidence to back-up it up, so let the haters hate and the lovers love. The neutrals can sit in between and be amused at the hatred and bile expressed when someone has a contrary view to the other.

Until anyone comes up with the money and the ability to change things, suck it up, because that is the limit of anyone's power to change anything at the shareholder level. Criticise to your heart's content, but it won't change a damn thing.

I feel honoured, someone spent a long time reading my posts to discern that I am quite even handed in my approach to people.

Except Sam Allardyce, not even-handed about him at all. (If said poster wants to check it out, feel free).

I'm not getting into any more half-assed assertions that are made without any evidence to back-up it up, so let the haters hate and the lovers love. The neutrals can sit in between and be amused at the hatred and bile expressed when someone has a contrary view to the other.

Until anyone comes up with the money and the ability to change things, suck it up, because that is the limit of anyone's power to change anything at the shareholder level. Criticise to your heart's content, but it won't change a damn thing.

Yawn.

McGeadys fee was undisclosed so how you can make the point that we signed all those players for less than we sold Naismith for is beyond me
When I realised you were making stuff up I stopped reading

There where reports that Mcgeady was signed for a nominal fee, with some saying as little as £200k. I can only base it on what I've read, not making things up. But then, how could you possibly know I'm wrong if you yourself don't know how much we spent on him. Strange.

Also, this:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ton-could-aiden-mcgeady-transfer-12893610.amp

P. S. Thanks for reading my piece. I assume you read all of it. I stopped reading yours when you said I made things up.

There where reports that Mcgeady was signed for a nominal fee, with some saying as little as £200k. I can only base it on what I've read, not making things up. But then, how could you possibly know I'm wrong if you yourself don't know how much we spent on him. Strange.

Also, this:

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....ton-could-aiden-mcgeady-transfer-12893610.amp

P. S. Thanks for reading my piece. I assume you read all of it. I stopped reading yours when you said I made things up.

The official club website stated an undisclosed fee
Figures were made up and bandied about
Truth is you, me , the press don’t know the transfer fee ,only those directly involved do.
I said you were wrong because you stated we signed those players for less than we sold Naismith for
You don’t know what McGeady was signed for , you are going on unsubstantiated press reports , therefore you are wrong in your statement of fact
https://www.transfermarkt.com/aiden-mcgeady/transfers/spieler/21333
Not saying it’s true but it’s as good an unsubstantiated figure as you came up with

No of course not but I think he would have sorted the problem.

Jags, Howard, Barry and Baines were finished. With spending the money on Lukaku he couldn't replace them all at once.

But Rom and Stones would have been sold and I think he would have done a better job rebuilding with that money.

He couldn't have done much worse.

Look Martinez wasn't perfect but in hindsight perhaps we didn't give him enough time.

My real problem though was the choice of the people to replace him. How he ever thought Walsh and Koeman were up to the job I will never know.
Enough time? You have a short memory. 5th then 11th and then 13th as he was sacked. We had our worst EVER Home record in the history of our football team.

Koeman then went and won 8 straight home games scoring shed loads of goals. The problem of this season all come from 1 thing...selling and not replacing Rom

Talk about revisionist and then throw all of that in. Insane.

Think what you want about Martinez time here, but let's get a few facts straight here.

The squad Moyes left us with was aging and coming to an end of a cycle. He knew this and knew it would be another 5 year rebuilding job, so he couldn't wait to get out, regardless of the draw of Utd, and ironically enough, took over an other squad from a manager who knew the exact same thing.

In Moyes squad he left us with, let's look where they all are now, just less than 5 years later) :

Howard (USA),
Hibbert (retired),
Jagielka and Baines (definitely finished now, arguably were then),
Distin (retired),
Neville (literally retired that season),
Osman (retired),
Gibson (finished),
Pienaar (retired),

Outside of those, we had:

Fellaini (sold to raise cash),
Stones (Sold to raise cash, never played under Moyes),
Barkley (less said the better, barely played under Moyes),
Mirallas (waste of space),
Oviedo (horrific injury, never fully recovered, still think he's a better option than Baines though),
Jelavic (peaked, never recovered, China),
Anichebe (much maligned, China),
Gueye, the other one (LOL),
Naismith (much maligned, Championship),
Duffy (barely played under Moyes, Brighton),
Mucha (barely played under Moyes, god knows).

And then, his best ever signing:

Coleman - who, incidentally, improved massively under Martinez.

So that debunks this "amazing squad" he left us with.

Next point,

We signed all of them for less than we sold Naismith. Wages, maybe, but you tell me how u can operate a squad without spending wages, and I've no doubt you will be headhunted as our new manager. If its a quality issue, then look again at how much we spent to recruit them, and as has been proven this year, you sign top quality cheap players, their wages increase 10 fold, and you end up paying Sandro £120k per week.

Harsh to label Mccarthy as a crock, regardless how true it has become. He wasn't a crock when signed him, that's just the risk of transfers. I still think he was a really good signing, especially at half the cost of Fellaini then and Schneiderlin now. All of those players, plus the ones named earlier, cost us less combined than we spent on Bolasie, Keane, Schneiderlin and Williams (not even going near Sigurdsson).

Its true, Moyes did have years of good recruitment mixed with his own fair amount of absolute Dross, but was afforded backing in the face of adversity, and he did an amazing job of managing expectations of some the most deluded and bizarrely privileged fans in the country. The amount of times I hear how we should be doing this, or should be winning that is astounding. We get laughed at for it. I'm not saying we shouldn't aspire to it, we just need to earn it, and the truth is, with the way we go about things, from top to bottom, including fans, it's not going to happen.

One of the more common phrases I hear nowadays, is this "That's why we can't have nice things". It's usually snarky, in relation to Niasse being selected ahead of Sandro, or why Vlasic isn't 1st name on team sheet, but it goes both ways. We had a great season under Martinez, and instead of getting behind them, and anticipating a 2nd season bump, in conjunction with an added European schedule, we got on his and the players case at the 1st sign of trouble and ruined the relationship as quickly as it began. His tenure was tainted before xmas in season 2, and from that point, it was only ever going to be a matter of time before he was relieved.

Personally, I think the good he did, beyond the surface level, like the youth setup, making people believe again, bringing former players back into the fold, being instrumental in the changes at Finch Farm, developing Lukaku, Barkley and Stones into Players that we sold for almost £150m, getting us to cup semi finals. All of these things were important, and I believe, in time, and with patience, he'd have got things right. It's easy to say he wouldn't and that he'd have relegated us, because that's what happened with Wigan right? But whenever I hear this, it always bothers me, because it's like people don't understand it is/was in his best interests to succeed as well. People act like it was sabotage, and not a fluid learning curve that people have to go through, including Moyes btw, who started as a gungho attacking manager, often playing 3 up top, before being stung and becoming very pragmatic.

But again, while he may have only dreamt of the money on offer now, a scenario where he often fluffed his lines anyway, he was afforded something much more valuable. Time, patience and backing.

So yeah, @LiamG, I totally agree with you.
Sam Allardyce’s Sunderland beat us 3-0 without breaking a sweat... let that sink in.... Sam Allardyce’s Everton are bottom on shots, created blah blah blah

Allardyce needs us to be in a relegation fight for as long as possible because it fits his persona. The later we're mathmatically safe the more he can dine out on the "i've saved another club from certain relegation" BS and claim he was a massive success to the world. He'll never be (and he doesn't want to be) more than his repuation is now - A fire fighter/Crooked and disgraced former England manager.

Allardyce needs us to be in a relegation fight for as long as possible because it fits his persona. The later we're mathmatically safe the more he can dine out on the "i've saved another club from certain relegation" BS and claim he was a massive success to the world. He'll never be (and he doesn't want to be) more than his repuation is now - A fire fighter/Crooked and disgraced former England manager.
I more and more agree with this point about him trying to skirt around the relegation fight positions in order to keep his job and rep as relegation fighter extraordinaire and the gravy payments safe until he gets his payoff at the end of the season. He can then dine out on this and possibly hook another juicy short term contract if anyone else gets in trouble next season.

Everton getting him in has ensured that he has an extra seal of approval. Can you imagine him bagging an Arsenal next year on the back of it being acceptable for us? I'd join their forum for that meltdown! I could more likely see the likes of an Aston Villa if they come up and their rationale if they get into trouble- big team, recently scarred by going down, even Everton got him in, can live with it for half a season or so and regroup next year. Hell any team from 7th down now can point out we took him on to quieten the fans if they complain.

What a scam he has going on, and we're just perpetuating it further for him.

I more and more agree with this point about him trying to skirt around the relegation fight positions in order to keep his job and rep as relegation fighter extraordinaire and the gravy payments safe until he gets his payoff at the end of the season. He can then dine out on this and possibly hook another juicy short term contract if anyone else gets in trouble next season.

Everton getting him in has ensured that he has an extra seal of approval. Can you imagine him bagging an Arsenal next year on the back of it being acceptable for us? I'd join their forum for that meltdown! I could more likely see the likes of an Aston Villa if they come up and their rationale if they get into trouble- big team, recently scarred by going down, even Everton got him in, can live with it for half a season or so and regroup next year. Hell any team from 7th down now can point out we took him on to quieten the fans if they complain.

What a scam he has going on, and we're just perpetuating it further for him.
he can make triple his money for half the work. All he needs to do is sit on his arse and wait to see who is struggling come Christma and jump in to save the day at the last moment.

Sam Allardyce’s Sunderland beat us 3-0 without breaking a sweat... let that sink in.... Sam Allardyce’s Everton are bottom on shots, created blah blah blah

And? How does one manager winning a game at one club correlate to the same managers stats at another team years later?

Everyone knows at the time that things had come to a head. The relationship with the fans and players had deteriorated to a point beyond repair, in part due to his own failings, but also partly due to those of the players and fans as well.

The problem with all the Martinez hate, isnt the fact that people didn't/don't like him or agree with him, but that there is no balance or reason applied. Most of the people who support Martinez, myself included, agree that by the time he went, he had to go. But those who are in the rabid anti Martinez brigade, blame him for everything and give him credit for nothing. It's not logical and it's not fair.

As for Allardyce performances with us and Sunderland, what does that prove? Years apart, in different circumstances, with different teams and different players, 1 manager had 2 different experiences. What is so hard to understand about that. Ranieri, Mourinho, DiMatteo, Benitez. Just some examples of managers who won a trophy 1 year and were sacked the next. And those were with largely the same group of players. It proves nothing.

Doesn’t fit the agenda

The only agenda, is that of the Anti Martinez brigade intent on not allowing anyone to have anything other than a negative opinion of him. I have no agenda, other than fairness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back