Kenwright leaving rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bill, go. Enjoy your retirement. Leave us all in peace. We don't wish anything bad to happen to you, but it doesn't stop us resenting you and everything you have stood for over the past two decades.

Don't know what to make of this rumour! Feel slightly worried tho, bills a blue through and through and done everything he can to take us places and kept us up! He knows Everton inside and out. If he leaves it could be a disaster and could be a blessing, could end up a fortress of Europe or just slip like villa Leeds and the rest, I just don't like the idea of it just yet, were not in a good position at the moment and we could end up doomed!? I'd feel more comfortable with it if we were pushing on and in good form, but since moshi as come in 2 year ago don't you think we have lost control? He's threw money about ye but were are we? I smell a disaster coming, does bill know this himself and wants out?? Its not the right time for me just can't see a good future

Don't know what to make of this rumour! Feel slightly worried tho, bills a blue through and through and done everything he can to take us places and kept us up! He knows Everton inside and out. If he leaves it could be a disaster and could be a blessing, could end up a fortress of Europe or just slip like villa Leeds and the rest, I just don't like the idea of it just yet, were not in a good position at the moment and we could end up doomed!? I'd feel more comfortable with it if we were pushing on and in good form, but since moshi as come in 2 year ago don't you think we have lost control? He's threw money about ye but were are we? I smell a disaster coming, does bill know this himself and wants out?? Its not the right time for me just can't see a good future
I see what you mean Chico.

Hi Mr Elstone.

"Farhad darling, I've got to ask you something."

"Yes Bill?"

"When I go, I don't want tears. I know the boys in the stands will be upset when I go so please announce something good about the stadium or something so I leave with smiles."

Bill leaves the room, Mosh presses the button on his intercom.

"Sasha, get the P45s out for Suntan Bob, Jet Set Walshy and that gravy chugging fool and his henchmen. Let Bill go out on a momentous occasion"

"Da boss."

"Oh and arrange the stadium announcement and the big man's arrival from Arsenal for the day after Bill's going away party."

"Da boss."

"One more thing, tell the Esk that Bill is staying and we're going to keep the current management in charge for the foreseeable future. Also get Jim White on the phone, let's do some, how do they say, popcorning of sky."

"Da boss, oh and Paulo is on line 1 for you."

Talk about revisionist and then throw all of that in. Insane.

Think what you want about Martinez time here, but let's get a few facts straight here.

The squad Moyes left us with was aging and coming to an end of a cycle. He knew this and knew it would be another 5 year rebuilding job, so he couldn't wait to get out, regardless of the draw of Utd, and ironically enough, took over an other squad from a manager who knew the exact same thing.

In Moyes squad he left us with, let's look where they all are now, just less than 5 years later) :

Howard (USA),
Hibbert (retired),
Jagielka and Baines (definitely finished now, arguably were then),
Distin (retired),
Neville (literally retired that season),
Osman (retired),
Gibson (finished),
Pienaar (retired),

Outside of those, we had:

Fellaini (sold to raise cash),
Stones (Sold to raise cash, never played under Moyes),
Barkley (less said the better, barely played under Moyes),
Mirallas (waste of space),
Oviedo (horrific injury, never fully recovered, still think he's a better option than Baines though),
Jelavic (peaked, never recovered, China),
Anichebe (much maligned, China),
Gueye, the other one (LOL),
Naismith (much maligned, Championship),
Duffy (barely played under Moyes, Brighton),
Mucha (barely played under Moyes, god knows).

And then, his best ever signing:

Coleman - who, incidentally, improved massively under Martinez.

So that debunks this "amazing squad" he left us with.

Next point,

We signed all of them for less than we sold Naismith. Wages, maybe, but you tell me how u can operate a squad without spending wages, and I've no doubt you will be headhunted as our new manager. If its a quality issue, then look again at how much we spent to recruit them, and as has been proven this year, you sign top quality cheap players, their wages increase 10 fold, and you end up paying Sandro £120k per week.

Harsh to label Mccarthy as a crock, regardless how true it has become. He wasn't a crock when signed him, that's just the risk of transfers. I still think he was a really good signing, especially at half the cost of Fellaini then and Schneiderlin now. All of those players, plus the ones named earlier, cost us less combined than we spent on Bolasie, Keane, Schneiderlin and Williams (not even going near Sigurdsson).

Its true, Moyes did have years of good recruitment mixed with his own fair amount of absolute Dross, but was afforded backing in the face of adversity, and he did an amazing job of managing expectations of some the most deluded and bizarrely privileged fans in the country. The amount of times I hear how we should be doing this, or should be winning that is astounding. We get laughed at for it. I'm not saying we shouldn't aspire to it, we just need to earn it, and the truth is, with the way we go about things, from top to bottom, including fans, it's not going to happen.

One of the more common phrases I hear nowadays, is this "That's why we can't have nice things". It's usually snarky, in relation to Niasse being selected ahead of Sandro, or why Vlasic isn't 1st name on team sheet, but it goes both ways. We had a great season under Martinez, and instead of getting behind them, and anticipating a 2nd season bump, in conjunction with an added European schedule, we got on his and the players case at the 1st sign of trouble and ruined the relationship as quickly as it began. His tenure was tainted before xmas in season 2, and from that point, it was only ever going to be a matter of time before he was relieved.

Personally, I think the good he did, beyond the surface level, like the youth setup, making people believe again, bringing former players back into the fold, being instrumental in the changes at Finch Farm, developing Lukaku, Barkley and Stones into Players that we sold for almost £150m, getting us to cup semi finals. All of these things were important, and I believe, in time, and with patience, he'd have got things right. It's easy to say he wouldn't and that he'd have relegated us, because that's what happened with Wigan right? But whenever I hear this, it always bothers me, because it's like people don't understand it is/was in his best interests to succeed as well. People act like it was sabotage, and not a fluid learning curve that people have to go through, including Moyes btw, who started as a gungho attacking manager, often playing 3 up top, before being stung and becoming very pragmatic.

But again, while he may have only dreamt of the money on offer now, a scenario where he often fluffed his lines anyway, he was afforded something much more valuable. Time, patience and backing.

So yeah, @LiamG, I totally agree with you.

McGeadys fee was undisclosed so how you can make the point that we signed all those players for less than we sold Naismith for is beyond me
When I realised you were making stuff up I stopped reading

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back