Kenwright leaving rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
He thought Alcaraz was a good defender mate. He never practiced defending in training. What makes you think he could have turned it around?
Alcaraz was a free and I would still take him over both Williams and Keane who cost close to 50m.

Martinez was gash ffs. Dont get me wrong he was half decent in the cup competitions but his flaws shown up against the big sides like City and Utd hence why he never won a bean at us.

The key is appointing a manager who can mix attacking fluidity with a no nonsense defence + an effective pressing system. Koeman shown that at Southampton- they attacked well with Mane, Tadic and Pelle and had good defenders and it showed coming in the top 6 and beating most if not all the top 6 in his 2 seasons.

For whatever reason he just couldn't replicate it here.

Hopefully if it is someone like Fonesca we get in the summer then they can get that winning formula.
Koeman's record was average before joining us. He took over from the work done by Poch. Wasn't involved in transfers and was well known for being work shy.

He was a bad appointment hired on the basis on a half decent time at Southampton.

The fact that he was Moshiri's number one guy and we spent so much time and money recruiting him made little sense.

We need a good coach not some famous name.

Koeman's record was average before joining us. He took over from the work done by Poch. Wasn't involved in transfers and was well known for being work shy.

He was a bad appointment hired on the basis on a half decent time at Southampton.

The fact that he was Moshiri's number one guy and we spent so much time and money recruiting him made little sense.

We need a good coach not some famous name.

hindsight is a wonderful thing mate the majority of our fanbase who weren't deluded enough to think Jose or Ancelotti where coming were happy with Koeman. Southampton played some very good football under him and he rebuilt the side dismantled by Liverpool/Utd.

Soares, Van Dijk, Fonte, Bertrand

Wanyama Schneirderlin

Mane W Prowse Tadic

Pelle/Austin

That team is miles better than what we have and he beat every top 6 side and finished in the top 6.

At the time most of us were excited by the Walsh/Koeman combo, in the end it was a poor partnership that has set us back but I cant blame Moshiri for thinking it would have at the least consolidate 7th and push for 5/6th.

hindsight is a wonderful thing mate the majority of our fanbase who weren't deluded enough to think Jose or Ancelotti where coming were happy with Koeman. Southampton played some very good football under him and he rebuilt the side dismantled by Liverpool/Utd.

Soares, Van Dijk, Fonte, Bertrand

Wanyama Schneirderlin

Mane W Prowse Tadic

Pelle/Austin

That team is miles better than what we have and he beat every top 6 side and finished in the top 6.

At the time most of us were excited by the Walsh/Koeman combo, in the end it was a poor partnership that has set us back but I cant blame Moshiri for thinking it would have at the least consolidate 7th and push for 5/6th.

Indeed, everybody is using hindsight, in fact some people predicted this, they predicted that Koeman would fail, they predicted that we would spend 300m and go backwards. So im going to predict the future also, our next manager also wont win a single thing, prepare the vaults!!!!

Its great predicting things like that, I mean for 23 years we havent won a single pot, but these people, they know everything, anyway I digress.

I had my doubts about Koeman and Walsh, but what excited me the most was Moshiris willingness to "invest" into the club, whether he spent his own money, borrowed it off his mate or even loaned the club the money, in my lifetime we have never had as much money to throw around as we do now.

Footballing decisions have been made that sadly have been proven to be misguided, THANKFULLY despite us pissing 300m up the wall we arent totally screwed, sure we will have to take a hit on the bulk of the utter tosh, but its not OVER, not yet anyway, we still have an owner whos willing to invest in the club, he just needs to make some better footballing decision, appoint better people in key areas and then hopefully we can get back to the footing we were on, then of course the next stage is to kick on.

We as a fanbase are starved of success, we like to lash out and point fingers, could Bill have done more? Possibly, but in moments of clarity, theres honestly not much he could have done, we didnt have the money for Kings Dock and at the time Kirby was our only choice, in hindsight, thank God hey? :hayee::hayee::hayee::hayee:

So thats Bills time, 2 long decades of drowning, treading water, drowning, etc, etc.

The King is dead, long live the King.

Indeed, everybody is using hindsight, in fact some people predicted this, they predicted that Koeman would fail, they predicted that we would spend 300m and go backwards. So im going to predict the future also, our next manager also wont win a single thing, prepare the vaults!!!!

Its great predicting things like that, I mean for 23 years we havent won a single pot, but these people, they know everything, anyway I digress.

I had my doubts about Koeman and Walsh, but what excited me the most was Moshiris willingness to "invest" into the club, whether he spent his own money, borrowed it off his mate or even loaned the club the money, in my lifetime we have never had as much money to throw around as we do now.

Footballing decisions have been made that sadly have been proven to be misguided, THANKFULLY despite us pissing 300m up the wall we arent totally screwed, sure we will have to take a hit on the bulk of the utter tosh, but its not OVER, not yet anyway, we still have an owner whos willing to invest in the club, he just needs to make some better footballing decision, appoint better people in key areas and then hopefully we can get back to the footing we were on, then of course the next stage is to kick on.

We as a fanbase are starved of success, we like to lash out and point fingers, could Bill have done more? Possibly, but in moments of clarity, theres honestly not much he could have done, we didnt have the money for Kings Dock and at the time Kirby was our only choice, in hindsight, thank God hey? :hayee::hayee::hayee::hayee:

So thats Bills time, 2 long decades of drowning, treading water, drowning, etc, etc.

The King is dead, long live the King.
Kenwright's biggest decision he got wrong: to go to Philip Green and loan cash in order to see off Paul Gregg's challenge. The club was effectively run in a way to protect Green's loan from that point on.

Let me paint you all a picture of how the last 2 windows would have gone if Moshiri wasnt around :

Summer 2016.

Everton sell John Stones to Man City for 25m, we cant get anymore due to the bank demanding we pay our overdraft
This money is then used to pay off our overdraft
Lukaku demands to be sold
Everton receive 45m from Chelsea, we cant get anymore due to us falling behind on our other outstanding debt
This money is then used to pay of our outstanding debt
Goodison Park falls down to due to not having cladding keeping it up, Everton will now play all home matches at Prenton Park
Due to the 5 year contract given to Martinez, we cant afford to sack him
Ross Barkley is sold to Newcastle for 5m plus Joey Barton
Without our better players and having no money to replace them, Martinez finishes the season in 20th, with no wins all season

Summer 2017

Everton prepare for life in The Championship by selling every first team player who earns more than 25k a week
Most weeks we struggle to field 11 players and the FA ask serious questions regarding our ability to finish the season
In December 2017 Everton are expelled from the FA league system and its records expunged from history

Summer 2018

Everton AFC is formed by the fans, Adversus and Davek are appointed joint Chairman as Everton enter the Lancashire Sunday League

Has Davek signed a left back

No of course not but I think he would have sorted the problem.

Jags, Howard, Barry and Baines were finished. With spending the money on Lukaku he couldn't replace them all at once.

But Rom and Stones would have been sold and I think he would have done a better job rebuilding with that money.

He couldn't have done much worse.

Look Martinez wasn't perfect but in hindsight perhaps we didn't give him enough time.

My real problem though was the choice of the people to replace him. How he ever thought Walsh and Koeman were up to the job I will never know.

Alcaraz ,McGeady , Cleverly and a couple of other signings prove otherwise

Alcaraz was a free and I would still take him over both Williams and Keane who cost close to 50m.
Williams has been really really terrible, but you might want to go watch that Kiev game before ever saying that again. Alcaraz single handledly lost us that match and the tie in miserable fashion. Keane is no where near as bad as Alcaraz no matter what some of the crazies say on here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back