Kenwright leaving rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did you just call Martinez a good progressive manager? A manager that didnt even practice set pieces or defending? Progressive?

PAHWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAAHA
I loved Martinez. He had his faults but when it clicked we played some of the best football in the league and I genuinely enjoyed watching us. I have barely enjoyed one game since he left.

I loved Martinez. He had his faults but when it clicked we played some of the best football in the league and I genuinely enjoyed watching us. I have barely enjoyed one game since he left.
You seriously enjoyed all the home defeats in his last 2 seasons? Worse home record in yonks? Blue bill would have kept him as
manager had it been his choice.

So thats Southampton, a team in 17th?

Thats the team we should aspire to be?

:hayee::hayee::hayee::hayee:
They are having a bad season. We are only 6 points ahead and they hammered us.

I'm also not saying we should aspire to be them. I said they have done well reinvesting the money but they have also been too willing to sell causing too much upheaval which partly explains this season.

I'm glad you are so sure of Moshiri because without a lot of extra investment the poor business we have done would put us in real danger over the next few seasons with so many big money purchases of players who were reaching their late 20s and early 30s.

My favourite game was when we went to Wembley and I had to watch Martial score a last minute winner.

I enjoyed that game LOADS.
I enjoyed going to Wembley and coming close to winning a pot.

You are right. Finishing 7th hoofing all season is far better.

Enjoyable games since he left:

Norwich 3-0 - Unsworth
Arsenal 2-1
Leicester (A) 2-0
Southampton 3-0
City 4-0
Hull 4-0
Bournemouth 6-3
Leicester (H) 4-2
Burnley 3-1

Thank you for reading.

You seriously enjoyed all the home defeats in his last 2 seasons? Worse home record in yonks? Blue bill would have kept him as
manager had it been his choice.
No of course not but I think he would have sorted the problem.

Jags, Howard, Barry and Baines were finished. With spending the money on Lukaku he couldn't replace them all at once.

But Rom and Stones would have been sold and I think he would have done a better job rebuilding with that money.

He couldn't have done much worse.

Look Martinez wasn't perfect but in hindsight perhaps we didn't give him enough time.

My real problem though was the choice of the people to replace him. How he ever thought Walsh and Koeman were up to the job I will never know.

I understand one club has no power but I'm surprised the leagues which are effectively run by the clubs haven't.

What a load of rot. When he came in we were 45m in debt. Had a good progressive manager. 4 top class young talents. And a decent squad that just needed one or two players bought for specific positions.

It was his decision to rip all that up, employ a hoofball merchant and a DOF with no experience who then bought players for a hoofball team and failed to replace our striker who got all our goals.

I could have done a better job with no money.

Has he wasted his own money. Yes I will give you that but he has also wasted ALOT of the clubs money too.

Hi Roberto, welcome to the forum. Davek’s got a crush.

When was that? We bummed Arsenal at home that one time but they’ve been done over numerous times Home and away by all manner of teams.

Martinez was gash ffs. Dont get me wrong he was half decent in the cup competitions but his flaws shown up against the big sides like City and Utd hence why he never won a bean at us.

The key is appointing a manager who can mix attacking fluidity with a no nonsense defence + an effective pressing system. Koeman shown that at Southampton- they attacked well with Mane, Tadic and Pelle and had good defenders and it showed coming in the top 6 and beating most if not all the top 6 in his 2 seasons.

For whatever reason he just couldn't replicate it here.

Hopefully if it is someone like Fonesca we get in the summer then they can get that winning formula.

No of course not but I think he would have sorted the problem.

Jags, Howard, Barry and Baines were finished. With spending the money on Lukaku he couldn't replace them all at once.

But Rom and Stones would have been sold and I think he would have done a better job rebuilding with that money.

He couldn't have done much worse.

Look Martinez wasn't perfect but in hindsight perhaps we didn't give him enough time.

My real problem though was the choice of the people to replace him. How he ever thought Walsh and Koeman were up to the job I will never know.

Koeman’s recruitment may be stoking revisionist fires but if you want to see what really started the rot it was the dismantling of Moyes’ top 6 squad and bringing in players like:

Mcgeady
Cleverley
Robles
Alcaraz
Etoo
Artsu
Kone

How much money is wasted there in transfers and wages? Especially when you consider he phased out or sold Jelavic, Fellaini, Naismith, Pienaar, Osman, Anichebe, Distin, Gibson, Oviedo, Mirallas.

Lukaku, Holgate and Funes Mori were good buys. Barry was a good loan but then indulged too much. Besic wasn’t managed properly by successive managers and McCarthy is a crock. Lennon, Deulofeu and Niasse are/were ok.

After years of excellent recruitment by Moyes building a strong squad Martinez dismantled it in place of 4 stars surrounded by dross. Koeman then completed the hatchet job by selling the 4 stars and replacing them with muck. Two incompetent fools one after another.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back