Kenwright leaving rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive never had a problem with this deal, we had to sell him to give the money to the bank because of the mess peter Johnson had made, besides the following season was really good one. We coudlnt give him a big deal because we couldnt afford one, that sale pretty much kept us in business, grim times

We sold him 5 years after Johnson left so that’s a no go as well.

There you go two totally different stories, says it all.

The only thing we can be sure of are the financials, which show how much trouble we were in.

The Rooney money saved us.

ALL of the above is true. The Newcastle bid was 'set' up with Stretford to force Ferguson to act when he did, or Ferguson was part of the 'set up' to get the United board behind him. Joey,your bit is right as well,we needed the money.

I don't mind Bill I think he did the best he could for the most part, but one thing hits me like a punch to the gut and that is for all his preaching of Everton and how he could sell snow to Eskimos is the fact he failed (or never bothered) to get Sheikh Mansour to invest in Everton. If he had been in his ear like apparently he was with Farhad, saying about the history and that there is prime land on the docks that we could build a great big super stadium on, we would now be the biggest club in the land.

They had the stadium but we had a far better team to start from and they have spent 320 million on the training ground and expanding the stadium anyway, so it's not like they wouldn't have been interested spending on infrastructure.

He just didn't want to let go of the reins at that point as we were mildly successful and perhaps he thought we would win a trophy sooner or later with him still in charge. Turns out to be another Everton moment. Thanks Bill.

I don't mind Bill I think he did the best he could for the most part, but one thing hits me like a punch to the gut and that is for all his preaching of Everton and how he could sell snow to Eskimos is the fact he failed (or never bothered) to get Sheikh Mansour to invest in Everton. If he had been in his ear like apparently he was with Farhad, saying about the history and that there is prime land on the docks that we could build a great big super stadium on, we would now be the biggest club in the land.

They had the stadium but we had a far better team to start from and they have spent 320 million on the training ground and expanding the stadium anyway, so it's not like they wouldn't have been interested spending on infrastructure.

He just didn't want to let go of the reins at that point as we were mildly successful and perhaps he thought we would win a trophy sooner or later with him still in charge. Turns out to be another Everton moment. Thanks Bill.

Mansoor was only ever going to City, once his mate Shiniwatra asked him to help him out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back