Kenwright leaving rumour

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well no idea the truth in any of them mate, but going back 2 years i remember hearing from friends we were in for the likes of Berhimi/Mata/Witsel/Yarmalenko again / Koulibaby

then last summer we had the 45 million sigg, plus the random scattergun transfer approach. All went through him, so he signed them all off, even if he wasn't the one officially negotiating or identifying players

I don't think that's fair though.

Witsel went to Russia for the money, that's all, The rest of them seemingly didn't want to come here (Cant say I blame them either).

The scattergun approach is Walsh isn't it? Kenwright and this transfer committee would just deal with the terms of the transfer right?

Like most things to do with the club i think we all just assume things and don't really know who does what and who is to blame. That said other than Giroud who there was seemingly concrete interest in I don't think we have really missed out on anyone.

Well we let go of our star centre forward and didn't get anyone in.

And how is that Kenwright's fault? Is he the one identifying players? Which strikers did we miss out on due to Kenwright messing up?

Come on this is mad!

Also we signed England and Man Utds record goalscorer, a player who scored 14 goals in La Liga and a hot prospect who we had to send back on loan because of the work permit. So we DID get people in. We got loads in actually. We just got the wrong ones which again I am not sure how Kenwright is to blame for that?

Get him out of the door and take his keys too so he can't snake his way back in to mess even more things up than he has in the past two decades. Do one ffs.

"Wayne Rooney isn't for sale for a penny less than £50million".

Wayne Rooney wanted to go.

It is that simple. Putting a price on his head whilst assuming he wanted to stay here (you know, with him being a true blue and all that) is a lot easier than putting a price on someone who cant wait to bugger off at the first opportunity whilst knowing if we don't deal it will go to tribunal.

I'm not on the board mate. But it's a little naive to think that he just sits there quietly watching things he may not agree with happen without putting his (literal) 2 pennies worth in.

Oh I am sure he has his say. But it's fairly obvious there has been a massive power shift.

It is that simple. Putting a price on his head whilst assuming he wanted to stay here (you know, with him being a true blue and all that) is a lot easier than putting a price on someone who cant wait to bugger off at the first opportunity whilst knowing if we don't deal it will go to tribunal.
He was still given away. Lukaku wanted to go, but we didn't give him away, different financial times I know.

Witsel went to Russia for the money, that's all, The rest of them seemingly didn't want to come here (Cant say I blame them either).

The scattergun approach is Walsh isn't it? Kenwright and this transfer committee would just deal with the terms of the transfer right?

Like most things to do with the club i think we all just assume things and don't really know who does what and who is to blame. That said other than Giroud who there was seemingly concrete interest in I don't think we have really missed out on anyone.
"The chairman, Bill [Kenwright], is doing a lot of business behind the scenes. For me it makes a change because normally we always see transfer business across the park first. Now, I think they [Liverpool] are looking over here envious at what Everton are doing at the moment."

only quote i can find, i am sure i read Moshiri saying something along the lines as well but damned if i can find it on google.

Basically, the reason we paid 45 million for siggurdson was Kenwright negotiating. the reason why all these random players were brought in suring the summer without any quality control was kenwright. the reason why so many players previously just didn't want to come here despite the offer of money is partly to do with Kenwright (if they didn't want to come then can't change that).

Point is, the person in charge of it all is at fault. when the siggurdson deal took so long to finish, that is kenwrights fault for example. He was in charge of it all, it was down to him to get value for money and to process deals. It was his job to essentially question things when walsh koeman or whoever else were saying 'buy this player'. There is playing a blame game and there is literally the obvious that Kenwright's job was to oversee all this. It is a bit like us getting kicked out of finch farm for not paying our rent, you can blame XY or Z but ultimatly Moshiri dealing with finances would be at fault for that. If the team doesn't perform, its ultimatly the manager's fault. so if the transfer business was poor and small time then it falls to the man sat in charge of it all, Kenwright.

only quote i can find, i am sure i read Moshiri saying something along the lines as well but damned if i can find it on google.

Basically, the reason we paid 45 million for siggurdson was Kenwright negotiating. the reason why all these random players were brought in suring the summer without any quality control was kenwright. the reason why so many players previously just didn't want to come here despite the offer of money is partly to do with Kenwright (if they didn't want to come then can't change that).

Point is, the person in charge of it all is at fault. when the siggurdson deal took so long to finish, that is kenwrights fault for example. He was in charge of it all, it was down to him to get value for money and to process deals. It was his job to essentially question things when walsh koeman or whoever else were saying 'buy this player'. There is playing a blame game and there is literally the obvious that Kenwright's job was to oversee all this. It is a bit like us getting kicked out of finch farm for not paying our rent, you can blame XY or Z but ultimatly Moshiri dealing with finances would be at fault for that. If the team doesn't perform, its ultimatly the manager's fault. so if the transfer business was poor and small time then it falls to the man sat in charge of it all, Kenwright.
See this is where I find this whole thing really odd. I feel like sometimes I defend Kenwright too much on here because I'm genuinely not a fan of his, but I just don't think some of the criticisms stack up - this is the perfect example.

You say yourself that 'the person in charge of it all' is at fault, but then blame Kenwright. It makes no sense. Moshiri is ultimately the man in charge. If he has delegated responsibility for transfers to somebody who is incompetent then using your own logic he is responsible. That's certainly the way it works in the sector I work in, if I made the decision to give a member of my staff responsibility for overseeing something and they failed, it would be my head on the chopping block first, not theirs.

Witsel was never even that good. Would have been the start of the bizarre recruitment that followed. A mercenary with a poor work rate who isn’t really good at any particular thing. Yep, ticks all the boxes for Everton.

If Kenwright wasn’t running the club so badly and showed an ounce of ambition he would have kept him and demanded more money.

He was sold for peanuts and history shows it.

What has he achieved in the role? Only things I can think of are monumental mess ups and poor recruitment followed by poor recruitment.

Moshiri should have binned him and his other smalltime wasters off at the beginning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back