Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure that some people understand the principle involved in living in a democracy regarding football players.

If they don't want to sign a contract you can't make them, the better they are the more options they have.

You can of course send the boys around to their house to break their legs...but that sort of defeats the whole exercise.

I am not sure that some people understand the principle involved in living in a democracy regarding football players.

If they don't want to sign a contract you can't make them, the better they are the more options they have.

You can of course send the boys around to their house to break their legs...but that sort of defeats the whole exercise.
Tbh even if they do sign a new contract it doesn't mean the are going to stay, only that you have a better chance of getting good money for them when they go.

Bony being a recent example who signed a contract extension with Swansea on 19th November and sold less than two months later.

Wouldn't begrudge him going if it's what he wants. It's not like he'd be leaving on a sour note, and there's no point keeping a player around if they don't want to.

It would eff me off a bit though if he went off on the cheap due to his contract running down. He's easily a 20m+ player.

Seems likely he will be sold within this transfer window, crying shame and to be honest when your sitting on the bench and watching Sammy Ets and McGeady play in your place, I dont blame him.

This 1s on Bobby IMO.

It's not about the money for me - sell him this window and we could go down. I'd let him run his contract down anyway if he's willing - we won't replace him for what we'll get for him

Tbh even if they do sign a new contract it doesn't mean the are going to stay, only that you have a better chance of getting good money for them when they go.

Bony being a recent example who signed a contract extension with Swansea on 19th November and sold less than two months later.

Bony was different, Swansea paid him 1m to sign so they could take the release clause out of his contract with the agreement that as soon as CL club came in they would consider it. He was never going to stay long term.

Bony was different, Swansea paid him 1m to sign so they could take the release clause out of his contract with the agreement that as soon as CL club came in they would consider it. He was never going to stay long term.
But equally we could sign a deal with Mirallas that inserted a release clause that we wouldn't know about until it was triggered. Given Mirallas's stated desires - CL football and playing in Spain - not sure he should be looked on as a long term player for us either sadly.

Why is it expected that a player do any more than honour the contract they've signed? If they want to move on at the end of it then that's their prerogative, they've fulfilled their obligations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back