Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we retitle this thread the "doom saying negative bolox" thread please.

Get a grip man. Literally making stuff up about all these players leaving - based on nothing more than your perverse love of feeling sorry for yourselves.

Get a grip man. Literally making stuff up about all these players leaving - based on nothing more than your perverse love of feeling sorry for yourselves.

No you're right. It's always a good sign when a player with just over a year says 'we'll discuss my future in the summer'.

I'm sorry bud but he's holding all the cards now, going into the summer with 12 months on your contract puts kev in pole position.

Sell for a fraction or risk letting him go the following year for nothing. His agent will be receiving offers from all over the gaff.

He's already said he'd like to play in Spain, he's in the prime of his career and I think it's nap he'll be gone sooner rather than later.

I hope I'm wrong, but if both parties were serious it would have boxed off 12 months ago

Oh no, this is bad news. So he doesn't want to even talk about his future until AFTER his holiday....which means he is waiting until he has a clearer picture of what options are open to him before deciding whether or not to sign a new contract.

First Eto'o. Now Mirallas. Who's next ? Coleman ? McCarthy ? Barkley ?

It is going to be extremely difficult to progress if we can't hang on to our better players.

City, UTD and Chelsea are the only clubs that can hang on their top players.
They can offer champions league football guaranteed, top wages and a higher profile.

All other premier league clubs are just spinning plates and trying to limit losses.

I could imagine he is getting bumper new contract and start to be completly useless - like barry now and arteta in the past.

Sooner or later we WILL sale one of our best players - fact

I'm sorry bud but he's holding all the cards now, going into the summer with 12 months on your contract puts kev in pole position.

Sell for a fraction or risk letting him go the following year for nothing. His agent will be receiving offers from all over the gaff.

He's already said he'd like to play in Spain, he's in the prime of his career and I think it's nap he'll be gone sooner rather than later.

I hope I'm wrong, but if both parties were serious it would have boxed off 12 months ago

.....been posting the same sentiments. It's not about being pessimistic, it's about being realistic. He is in a fantastic position, top player surely in high demand with 18 months left on his contract. We are at a stage where we seriously have to consider offers but even then the player might be seeing his contract out.

A Bosman for him could be an amazing deal. Can't truly blame him if that is his aim. It's perhaps a little romantic to think he'll sign in the Summer although I sincerely hope he does.

City, UTD and Chelsea are the only clubs that can hang on their top players.
They can offer champions league football guaranteed, top wages and a higher profile.

All other premier league clubs are just spinning plates and trying to limit losses.

If we pushed on from last year, it wouldn't nearly be that way.

We've had a dogger half season, so therefore the quality will be looked at.

Looks like he will go. He wants to be in a competitive team at his age. The second half of this season is critical to our future. If we continue to show the improvement we have made over the last couple of games and get ourselves into a descent position we might be able to fend off bids for our better players. Go back to the form of the majority of the season and players will want away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back