Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some players must just love being booed. Just when the penalty furore was dying down, he has to go and put his foot in it like this.

I'm sure he'll get an 'interesting' reception on Saturday.
Anyone not giving every player a hearty cheer before this particular game needs to sit in a darkened room and have a quiet word with themselves. Afterwards is a different story.

Not even arsed about him saying he wants Champions League football. If any of our players think otherwise then they aren't good/ambitious enough for us, and it's down to the board/staff/players to get to the level we should be.

Boss player, with more than a hint of arrogance about him, in wanting to play at the highest possible level shock.

Bar a few games here and there, I can't fault his effort,desire and contribution in Royal Blue over the last few seasons ( far from it, he's looked arsed when others have given up ), so, though I'd rather he kept quiet about his ambitions, I'm not going to have a go at him

I'm afraid that's it, don't play him again!! The state we're in, we can't have anyone not arsed and 'elsewhere' being carried ...in case he fancies it. Thanks for the memories and off you go to bench warm at a higher level.

You can want to play at the highest level but also show a bit of class at the same time and not say this mid-season at an awkward time, before a big game, and just after you personally cost us a crucial 3 points through arrogance.

I remember 17 year old Franny Jeffers very publicly handing in a transfer request 2 days before the season opener vs Man Utd, because he thought he was better than us.

mirallas-squirts-wilshere-with-water-bottle-hilarity-ensues-o.gif
hahaha Wilshere is such a hardo

Can't blame him one bit. Looked like we may be able to satisfy his ambitions after last season...yet back to being mediocre in the true, typical Everton style of the past 3 decades this season.
Wish him well. Get as much as you can for him as he is our best player in my opinion.

Last edited:
You can want to play at the highest level but also show a bit of class at the same time and not say this mid-season at an awkward time, before a big game, and just after you personally cost us a crucial 3 points through arrogance.

I remember 17 year old Franny Jeffers very publicly handing in a transfer request 2 days before the season opener vs Man Utd, because he thought he was better than us.
I'm hoping if Mirallas does go, he follows the same path that Fellaini took.

Although Fellaini dropped many hints that he was in the shop window, when it came to that transfer window he handled things with a lot of class - far more so than Lescott for example. He enabled us to get maximum value whilst also performing on the pitch under what must have been difficult personal circumstances. Still have huge affection for the big fella and wish him well, hope that can say the same about Kev if he moves on.

Think his mind was made up towards the end of last season because he hasn't been anywhere near the same type of player he was last year. Yes his stats may look more impressive but he often looks half arsed, unwilling to work as hard as he did in previous seasons and as with the penalty incident clearly believes responsibility to win the game should be his.

I never questioned his commitment once before the start of this season but something about the way he plays these days just doesn't add up. I think martinez doubts his commitment this year aswell because fitness wise i think he is capable of completing 90 minutes a game if we truly needed him to but so far this season hes completed 4 90 minute games out of 17 and gets replaced by someone who will put in more work than him.

No doubting he can be a game changer on his day but if all he cares about now is champions league or im off then we should bin him at the end of the season while we can still get some sort of a fee and invest it in to a new winger otherwise he strikes me as a lescott type who will either cause unrest in the squad or be happy to sit on the bench till his contract is up

Good player on his day Kev, but he's far too inconsistent and has been very injury prone in his few years with us. That coupled with the fact that he clearly thinks he's too good for our great club. When in reality playing for Everton week in week out is probably the pinnacle of his career at other some CL clubs, he would be a squad player coming off the bench and playing here and there.

While arrogance is a good thing in a player in a forward role there is a line and his ego was exposed by the penalty incident, where he put himself above the team for whatever reason.

Tara in the summer then Kev....thanks for the memories.

Read kev's comments before.

I agree with him.

He is 27 and has been a great player for us. We havent had champions league football since he arrived and currently don't look like getting it any time soon. Sometimes as a football fan we have to say fair enough and support him in his decision to want to further his career. It may work out, it may not, but make sure we can get enough from him to sign a good enough replacement and then look to the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back