Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's reported in a newspaper today that United want Depay for £10M in the summer - if he's going for anywhere near that price we should be seriously, seriously interested

(i'm sure he's not going for anywhere near that price btw)

Since when did "I want to play CL football" become a marker of ambition? The CL drives me mad ... I find it irrelevant and uninteresting. Winning it - as an exciting two legged knock out cup, I understand, but being in it ... is not really an ambition in my eyes.

If his eyes are off the Everton ball - let him go, get good money and hire the next mercenary who wants a challenge. Preferably one who wants to be in a side that are league champions. (That's champions as in top of the first division ... proper football, muddy pitches, sliding tackles, excitement, unpredictable, players playing with broken limbs, beer bellies, comb overs, greacian 2000'd hair)

Since when did "I want to play CL football" become a marker of ambition? The CL drives me mad ... I find it irrelevant and uninteresting. Winning it - as an exciting two legged knock out cup, I understand, but being in it ... is not really an ambition in my eyes.

If his eyes are off the Everton ball - let him go, get good money and hire the next mercenary who wants a challenge. Preferably one who wants to be in a side that are league champions. (That's champions as in top of the first division ... proper football, muddy pitches, sliding tackles, excitement, unpredictable, players playing with broken limbs, beer bellies, comb overs, greacian 2000'd hair)

Its football nowadays - its all about playing in that competition. Its ruined football - this huge thing about finishing 4th (which should not be seen as an achievement) is pointless for team's like us, as even if we end up in it we'll be cast out on our ear again. Do we really want to play in a competition you are destined to be knocked out of? its madness

Mirallas was only ever going to be a 'one contract' player for us, it was obvious from the day he signed.

We've got to accept that we'll be a 'stepping stone' for the higher end foreign players that we can attract.

Not overly arsed tbh, providing we get a good fee for him in the summer.

Its football nowadays - its all about playing in that competition. Its ruined football - this huge thing about finishing 4th (which should not be seen as an achievement) is pointless for team's like us, as even if we end up in it we'll be cast out on our ear again. Do we really want to play in a competition you are destined to be knocked out of? its madness

What's the alternative? Hover around 8th-9th until we sign Messi and Neymar on bosmans and then give it a crack?

[Poor language removed] him, drop him as well, no player is bigger than the club and he is EASILY replicable. I have no problem with players wanting to play champions league etc. but he is nowhere near consistent enough. one boss performance every 6 weeks might be enough to make some of our fans all giddy but he's not good enough to play for a "top club". If he wants champions league football he will have to leave England but he will probably end up at Spurs earning an extra 20 grand a week still playing Europa League football.

I am surprised by the tenor of some of the comments on here about Mirallas. Let me put it this way. Any of you on here who has a job would you like to move to a firm that has better prospects and a lot more pay? because that is what Mirallas is after and why not. Do none of you on here have ambition?

He has not been underhand on this, he has made it clear what he would like, so what is wrong with that? If we succeed in the Europa Cup, he will stay because we will be in the CL, so he is waiting. He has also made it clear that he likes being at Everton!

Those of you who criticise him need to get down from your high horse.

I worked for 12 years in one of the most deprived schools in the country, while other around me fled to easier pastures, or to much, much better paid jobs that our qualifications warranted. It was nice making a difference to those kids who really, really needed the dedication of somebody not just interested in their own glory. Sure - I could have got better results working at Harrow, or Eton .... but where's the achievement in that? I'll never forget the buzz I got when I saw a dyslexic student get an A* in his science. It isn't that dyslexia means that you couldn't possibly understand the science - because very smart people can have dyslexia ... but this was his ONLY GCSE pass.

Ergo ... Real success is working with those climbing from the bottom. Sure the view from the top of Everest must be good - but it won't be the same if you're simply airlifted there! (before anyone says - I know helicopters can't get that high!!)

You know nothing of the childhood of Mirallas so who are you to judge. Having said I applaud you for your dedication.

My son was dyslexic, did not go to Uni but got an apprenticeship as an electrician. Where is he now? He is an IT expert working for Lloyds bank putting in cyber security, for a contract that pays him thousands. He was literaly self tauight. Just to endorse your point is why I mention it.

Mirallas is a football gypsy, he's proved this throughout his career to date moving from Belgium to France and then on to Greece and now the premiership. He hardly had time to lace his boots when he was talking about playing football in Spain one day.

If he wants off fine, we've sold better players before and become stronger for it. As long as while he's here he puts in the effort and shows the right attitude I not arsed myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back