Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Same with Rom, unfortunately.

I think Rom will be here for a while; he seems to genuinely love the club and his celebrations when he scores indicate this. You can see the passion he has, rather than the arrogance often displayed when Mirallas slots. Hopefully with our young players coming through and Martinez at the helm we will be as big as these 'next step' teams if you will.

I think Rom will be here for a while; he seems to genuinely love the club and his celebrations when he scores indicate this. You can see the passion he has, rather than the arrogance often displayed when Mirallas slots. Hopefully with our young players coming through and Martinez at the helm we will be as big as these 'next step' teams if you will.
I think the thing with Rom is that he wants to be the top striker for Belgium, and he knows he needs to be playing for that to happen. He won't go anywhere where he's not assured of playing time like he is here.

Think we'll have to start planning for life in the prem without Kevin. Be amazed if he's here at the start of next season, which is a step back for me.

He's not that good. In fact, half the time he's a liability.

He's a match winner but only as much as Deulofeu would be, or a myriad of other wingers.

His consistency is horrible. It's like most flair players - when they do something great, people remember it more than the awfulness.

As an example, if McGeady tears Liverpool apart tomorrow, people will rave about him being a potent attacking threat in our squad, overshadowing the months where he's been absolutely nothing on the pitch for us.

He's a match winner but only as much as Deulofeu would be, or a myriad of other wingers.

His consistency is horrible. It's like most flair players - when they do something great, people remember it more than the awfulness.

As an example, if McGeady tears Liverpool apart tomorrow, people will rave about him being a potent attacking threat in our squad, overshadowing the months where he's been absolutely nothing on the pitch for us.

True mate. Fickle lot us football supporters

If you look at the percentage of our goals and assists that come through Kev, compared to most of our other players, therein lies his importance. You can count the decent games McGeady has had on one hand let alone how many goals he's been directly involved in, completely different class of player. He's the best winger we have, and one of our few match winners. People will undoubtedly start saying otherwise now he looks to be leaving.

Reactions: DRM
True mate. Fickle lot us football supporters

Not being fickle personally, said it since he joined:

Not quite sure how this guy has got off free with that "performance" last night.

He was turd, badly, badly turd. I'd love to see the OPTA stats because I think he fluffed at least half of every pass he attempted and got dispossessed constantly.

If it wasn't for Naismith he would have been the worst player on the pitch.

I like Mirallas, I think he has decent raw attributes, but he hasn't got a brain at the moment and he's costing us possession time and time again. Needs to improve quickly or he becomes a liability of a luxury player

He's a decent player but people think it'll be doom and gloom if he left. Personally, I don't think we'll miss him too much if we bring in another wide man to replace him who isn't badly Atsu. We've lost far more important parts of our team over the years.

If you look at the percentage of our goals and assists that come through Kev, compared to most of our other players, therein lies his importance. You can count the decent games McGeady has had on one hand let alone how many goals he's been directly involved in, completely different class of player. He's the best winger we have, and one of our few match winners. People will undoubtedly start saying otherwise now he looks to be leaving.

Saying he's the best winger we have right now is not saying much is it? He's been part of a forward line that has been, in a word, abysmal for a good six months now, so he's hardly Ronaldo.

Again, this isn't me suddenly having a change of heart on him because he's leaving, I'm not that type of guy - I'm simply saying what I've always thought about him; a good player, a potential gamechanger on his day, but he's anonymous far too often even for a flair player in my view and when you're looking to have a consistent side that doesn't go through highs and lows, he's a player you can foreseeably do without.

If you want a gamechanger, why not sell Mirallas for £15m, bring in Deulofeu with that cash? He's equally anonymous in some games, he's equally explosive when he's on his game, and he's potentially going to develop to be better than Mirallas ever could be. Or why not bring in Mirallas Mk. II in Konoplyanka.

I'm sure there's a good six or seven wingers of the same sort of class we could bring in to replace him, and that's the point. I can understand people making the argument that Lukaku is the best we can do - but is Mirallas really good enough to say, no matter what, the side will be weakened next year without him? Not for me.

To call him inconsistent is an insult to the word, he has games when hes simply not on the pitch, but he also has moments and games that take your breath away, hes a 1 in 3 player, which isnt bad and is prolly the only thing that means I dont consider him Wurld Klass, infact hes not even close to it.

16-02-2014-GifNumber-151.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back