Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirallas was only ever going to be a 'one contract' player for us, it was obvious from the day he signed.

We've got to accept that we'll be a 'stepping stone' for the higher end foreign players that we can attract.

Not overly arsed tbh, providing we get a good fee for him in the summer.
Same with Rom, unfortunately.

"You know nothing of the childhood of Mirallas so who are you to judge. Having said I applaud you for your dedication"

No, you're right ... but that isn't the point I was failing to make! Also - I wasn't intending to criticise him - just raise the issue that playing for the best might not always be considered the best thing to do.

My point / example was that sometimes ambition is not always shown by winning things. I could have worked at a bigger, better club, so to speak, getting easier success, but my ambition was to do something that made a difference where I was and the people I worked with.

There are very few winners in football. Sometimes it's realistic that to make a perfect assist or score the perfect goal might be as good as the majority of pros get.

He clearly feels like he's earned the right to play for a good Champions League, title challenging team (Athletico Madrid?)

I don't think he's showed that over the time he's been at Everton. He doesn't particularly stand out as a class above the rest of our team for me. He's about out level.

Start doing what he does best on a regular occasion, and maybe. Mirallas gets a lot of loving from us, and I can see why when he's at is best, but how often is that?

What's the alternative? Hover around 8th-9th until we sign Messi and Neymar on bosmans and then give it a crack?

What i mean is it has taken over winning trophies as the height of football ambition, to the point where the secondary european competition is seen as a joke, which is ridiculous because only a select few can play in the CL

Fair enough he wants to go, it happens, we will survive... But naming teams is the most disrespectful thing I think, also change the record and stop pimping yourself out and get your head down for the team that is currently paying your wages.

He's great (on his day) but think there is a certain air of 'Nicklas Bendtner-itis' about our Kev...

How would you all feel about letting him go on a free in the summer of 2016 (think that's when his contract runs out). If we refuse all buy offers this summer and he doesn't sign a new contract, we'll still get another season out of him and another crack at champions league (if we make it he might decide to stay), it will give us time to look for a replacement and gives us the luxury of bringing in a couple youngsters rather than a player who needs to make an immediate impact, and at the end we'll be letting a 29 year old go.

It wouldn't be ideal, and I know that Dortmund doing it with Lewandowski has kind of backfired. It would undoubtedly be the best option for Kevin, as its his best chance of getting a dream move to Atletico since they'll never pay a decent transfer fee.

If the best offers for him this summer are around 10 million, I would seriously consider turning them down and making use of him for one more season (who am I kidding, we all know Bill will bite anyone's hand off for 10 million).

I think the penalty incident is still colouring peoples attitude towards Mirallas.

He is probably no less or more mercenary than most other professional footballers.
He has given us good value for money, scored good goals and given us plenty of moments of hope and happiness.
The penalty incident was a mixture of a player wanting to raise his own profile rather than the good of the team mixed with a confident forward who wanted to boost his goal tall and help win the game for his team.

I don't think he is as highly coveted as he thinks he is but he should still realise a healthy profit for EFC after fours years of good standard football.

I like what he does to our team on his day, and respect the fella. He hasn't grown up following our club though - it's a day job for him, and I'm sure he feels the specialness of being an everton player. However, if his feet are itchy I have no problems with him going to the very highest bidder. We can use that money in the club, he satisfies his ambitions and everyone's happy.

If he runs down his contract and we get nowt - then I think that's bad business. If we can profit from his departure, and spend the equivalent we spent on him as a younger player on a new unearthed budding winger then it seems logical progress to me.

No player lasts forever. Also - fresh blood is always good for a squad. I never quite get it when fans get angry when a non-native player wants out. A born in the blood blue wanting out however .......

I disagree about Rom.. If he stays in Belguim team he'll be happy. Also I doubt we'd make a profit on him currently.
No, no way would we get anywhere close to what we paid for him currently, however, he joined us to get game time and to prove himself before moving onto a Real or a Barca. That was never going to happen at Chelski.
He's got a much better attitute than Kev but his principals are the same. That's modern day football though.

Your profile picture make me sick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back