Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Martinez mentioned in the post match conference that he has 2 and a half years left, thought it was a bit odd that he would come out with such a statement considering he only has a year and a half.

Martinez mentioned in the post match conference that he has 2 and a half years left, thought it was a bit odd that he would come out with such a statement considering he only has a year and a half.

We all know this for ages. Everton have the option to extend his contract by another year so the manager said 2 and a 1/2 years left is correct.

He won't be tolerated at a serious club, love him for us because of occassional flashes of brilliance, but his head and his heart has gone from this club and he should be shifted as soon as

Gladly sacrifice him for a Mata type player

He was subbed because we have a difficult and packed run of fixtures and coming back from injury so I wouldn't worry about that. I thought Kev was ok but a little isolated.

My only fear is that I hope it's not Mirallas or Lennon the same as Deulofeu or Mirallas. Our best team would have both in it.

Kev seems to struggle with his hamstrings and that's why he keeps subbing him, he's one of our best players but he's no good if he's out injured. I do however think he will leave in the summer unless we win the Europa league

LOL at all the people who want him sold. If he decides to go then that's up to him, but proactively looking to sell him??
Our other wide options are McGeady(turd), Pienaar(looks finished) Atsu(loan) Lennon(loan). Or we could play Barkley or Naismith there as that's worked a treat.

So yeah let's look to sell our only wide player with an ounce of technical ability who contributes goals. Then we can add him to the long list of players that need replacing this summer....

LOL at all the people who want him sold. If he decides to go then that's up to him, but proactively looking to sell him??
Our other wide options are McGeady(turd), Pienaar(looks finished) Atsu(loan) Lennon(loan). Or we could play Barkley or Naismith there as that's worked a treat.

So yeah let's look to sell our only wide player with an ounce of technical ability who contributes goals. Then we can add him to the long list of players that need replacing this summer....

Quite right. Even if we sign Lennon on a perm he'll be our best winger, and then still not even on the same level as Kev. Fact is, we're crying out for clever attacking players, both wide and through the middle to supply Lukaku, and our best one looks to be going. Need a cull of our attacking 'talent' in the summer, but then it'd be too expensive to replace them all. Imagine having say, Milner, Sigurdsson and Kampl as our 3 behind the striker. What we'll end up with is McGeady Cleverley and Atsu.

I don't think people are actively looking to sell him, it seems more like he wants to go. Keeping a player who wants to leave can be really negative on the squad. The whole contract situation is the problem. If he has 1 year and he doesn't want to sign a new one, we have no choice but to sell him as we can't afford to let him go on a free. Martinez said he has 2 years if that's true then no reason to sell him unless he asks to go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back