Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I hope Martinez or someone close to him is pointing one major thing out to him-
All the teams he's been linked with:
Atletico Madrid
Borussia Dortmund
Tottenham Hotspur
Require a high intensity, high pressing, high energy game, every game, 90 minutes.
Is this not pretty much Mirallas' major downfall?
He's inconsistent not only game to game, but even within a full 90 minutes- a pure brilliant luxury player. He won't run and hassle, but he might slalom past 5 players and slot one in, or volley in a ridiculous 30 yard goal.
I for one would like to keep the Kev, but I don't see him succeeding at those 3 particular clubs.

not because he has struggled...but because he has been a tit and clearly flirts with departure. he's gone in the summer 100% hopefully we get few millions

I think people are overreacting tbh. He's not come out and said 'I want to leave', he's said he'd consider a move to a champions league club if they came in for him and let's be honest, I'm sure he's not the only one. Fair enough he's the only one who's voiced this, but I don't see it as a reason to get rid.

Summer move. Get £20m in and bring in couple of wingers in. Mertens from Napoli would be great replacement. He could be up for a move to England now.

I think people are overreacting tbh. He's not come out and said 'I want to leave', he's said he'd consider a move to a champions league club if they came in for him and let's be honest, I'm sure he's not the only one. Fair enough he's the only one who's voiced this, but I don't see it as a reason to get rid.

his departure is inevitable im afraid. he has said that he's ready for new challenges, if thats not flirting with departure then what is?
i really havent got over that peno joke, he did something that no effing one should do. put himself before the team.

We all know he's off in the Summer, just hope he can put in some top performances and put us as high as possible in the League table.
That extra year option helps us immensely. We'll be looking to get £15m at least in the Summer and we can then go and invest that as well as other money that we do have. I dont mind a player wanting to leave for the Champions League, it happens, but be arsed with him sulking until the end of the season or put in shoddy performances. But i highly doubt he'd do that anyway, he's not the type.

Martinez needs to say adios to Pienaar, Mirallas and McGeady.

He then needs to take the 150k or so wages and 20mil ish in transfer fees we would receive and sign 3 more wingers.

The bad news is that its going to take 15mil for a Depay/Deulofeu type and 2 of those with a cheap backup would be 35mil ish.

On top of that he needs to replace 2 centre backs and bring in a keeper....

A lot will have to happen in the summer.

there will be clearout in the summer,

DISTIN
MIRALLAS
PIENAAR
HOWARD

OSMAN (?)
HIBBERT(?)

big shake up coming.

Released

Distin (contract expired)
Atsu (loan finished)
Lennon (loan finished)
Garbutt (contract expired; we will get a fee according to the judgement of turbinal)
Alcaraz (contract expired)

Sold

Mirallas (he wants to leave)

Deadwoods

Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar (legs are gone)

Contracts due to expire

Gibson
Oviedo (we need to get him sign a new contract)
Kone

Doubt we will sell the like of McGeady and Barry since we don't have enough players.

Released

Distin (contract expired)
Atsu (loan finished)
Lennon (loan finished)
Garbutt (contract expired; we will get a fee according to the judgement of turbinal)
Alcaraz (contract expired)

Sold

Mirallas (he wants to leave)

Deadwoods

Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar (legs are gone)

Contracts due to expire

Gibson
Oviedo (we need to get him sign a new contract)
Kone

Doubt we will sell the like of McGeady and Barry since we don't have enough players.

extremely interesting summer coming up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back