Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
extremely interesting summer coming up

I bet Martinez will sign Cleverley on a free.

Apart from the abovementioned release list and we sell Mirallas. I predict Pienaar will leave and Hibbert probably retires (Ossie will soldier on). Browning can do Hibbert's job.

This leaves us with (19 first team players)

Robles, Coleman, Baines, Gibson, Jagielka, McGeady, Oviedo, Kone, Lukaku, Naismith, McCarthy, Besic, Barry, Barkley, Osman, Cleverley, Howard, Stones, Browning.

We need a new keeper, possibly Nyland. We definitely need two defenders, two wingers and a third choice striker.

We simply cannot afford to let up to nine players leave the squad. It would leave us horrendously short of players for the squad.
We would then have to use whatever budget we have just to fill up the squad with bodies rather than try to sign players that are ready
to play in the first team immediately.
I think we will lose up to probably three at the most apart from loans. Distin certainly, possibly Howard and probably Mirallas to be sold.

I think Alcaraz, Hibbert, Osman and Pienaar will be kept for another season as useful squad players.

I think that our budget will be used to sign first team players and improve the team rather than the squad.

We simply cannot afford to let up to nine players leave the squad. It would leave us horrendously short of players for the squad.
We would then have to use whatever budget we have just to fill up the squad with bodies rather than try to sign players that are ready
to play in the first team immediately.
I think we will lose up to probably three at the most apart from loans. Distin certainly, possibly Howard and probably Mirallas to be sold.

I think Alcaraz, Hibbert, Osman and Pienaar will be kept for another season as useful squad players.

I think that our budget will be used to sign first team players and improve the team rather than the squad.

Distin, Garbutt, Alcaraz (contract expired); Mirallas, Pienaar (sold); Hibbert (retires); Atsu, Lennon (loan finished).

Cleverley will join on a free, Martinez loves him. We use the fee of Mirallas to sign Del Boy as replacement. Nyland the new keeper. Sign the like of Ayew and Ings on a free transfer as squad players. That leaves us the remaining tv money to sign one or two loans as squad fillers. And we may have one big money CB signing.

I bet Martinez will sign Cleverley on a free.

Apart from the abovementioned release list and we sell Mirallas. I predict Pienaar will leave and Hibbert probably retires (Ossie will soldier on). Browning can do Hibbert's job.

This leaves us with (18 first team players)

Robles, Coleman, Baines, Gibson, Jagielka, McGeady, Oviedo, Kone, Lukaku, Naismith, McCarthy, Besic, Barry, Barkley, Osman, Cleverley, Howard, Stones, Browning.

We need a new keeper, possibly Nyland. We definitely need two defenders, two wingers and a third choice striker.

Edited.

Distin, Garbutt, Alcaraz (contract expired); Mirallas, Pienaar (sold); Hibbert (retires); Atsu, Lennon (loan finished).

Cleverley will join on a free, Martinez loves him. We use the fee of Mirallas to sign Del Boy as replacement. Nyland the new keeper. Sign the like of Ayew and Ings on a free transfer as squad players. That leaves us the remaining tv money to sign one or two loans as squad fillers. And we may have one big money CB signing.

.....not sure he will pay big bucks for a CB, he might bring in some cover but is probably happy with Jagielka/Stones as first choice. Presume Lennon is an option to buy arrangement so it'll be interesting how he does. Interviewed after the game, MCCarthy indicated Pienaar and Osman were not far off returning.

.....not sure he will pay big bucks for a CB, he might bring in some cover but is probably happy with Jagielka/Stones as first choice. Presume Lennon is an option to buy arrangement so it'll be interesting how he does. Interviewed after the game, MCCarthy indicated Pienaar and Osman were not far off returning.

Del Boy is the big money signing too given Mirallas is as good as gone. If we pay £4-5m for Lennon that will be a good deal.

Released

Distin (contract expired)
Atsu (loan finished)
Lennon (loan finished)
Garbutt (contract expired; we will get a fee according to the judgement of turbinal)
Alcaraz (contract expired)

Sold

Mirallas (he wants to leave)

Deadwoods

Hibbert, Osman, Pienaar (legs are gone)

Contracts due to expire

Gibson
Oviedo (we need to get him sign a new contract)
Kone

Doubt we will sell the like of McGeady and Barry since we don't have enough players.

That is all very well but where are the replacements coming from? and with what money?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back