Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Eto's has had a lot to do with some of our players attitudes,I never wanted him signed.We are no big club financially and he thought he was bigger than the team,manager and got to a few of our players that they should get out to bigger clubs,we let him go pretty easy we hardly fought to keep him so I think he was unsettling the team and it still hasn't recovered.I think Mirallas,Barkley,Coleman and perhaps Lukaku were Mostly effected,Coleman has though done quite well recently,but the rest have hardly been great,I know Lukaku got a hat trick but no disrespect but YBB aren't much better than a top championship team,these 3 players need to wake up as that's where are goals need come from.

So Eto'o is to blame for our gash defending and slow play.

All makes sense now.

So Eto'o is to blame for our gash defending and slow play.

All makes sense now.
No I didn't say that I'm just saying his influence didn't help,if you look at the 4 players mentioned they are very much part of out quick play and they mainly have looked un interested in the past few weeks.Defending was improving well untill Howard came back,but that another story.

Mirallas cost us 2 points we would have been a lot more comfortable if that penalty had gone in,if he had been our taker and missed I don't have a problem it's just the way he went about it.He has mainly been quite poor bar the west ham game,I like it when he's good but it isn't often enough,he can play better but at the moment Lennon is as good and the other winger aren't much worse,mirallas 1 good game out of 10 isn't good enough.

Mirallas goals in the last 3 seasons: 25
Lennon goals in the last 3 aeasons: 5

That's what I'm concerned about. He might not be an elite player but he is better than what we've got, far better in fact, and I think he suffers from the fact he is usually the only real threat we've got.

As I've said, it's a big step backwards if/when he goes unless we can get someone better in and I really doubt that.

No I didn't say that I'm just saying his influence didn't help,if you look at the 4 players mentioned they are very much part of out quick play and they mainly have looked un interested in the past few weeks.Defending was improving well untill Howard came back,but that another story.

But, we don't know what happened behind the scenes. He might have been a good influence but we just want an excuse for our poor performances this season and its the easy way out to blame Eto'o.

But, we don't know what happened behind the scenes. He might have been a good influence but we just want an excuse for our poor performances this season and its the easy way out to blame Eto'o.
That's true we don't know,but it's so frustrating that on paper our squad looks very good,but in the main this season we are performing so bad.Even players like Baines we could always really on have been very poor but they never get dropped,there's to many that know there place is safe however they play.

Mirallas goals in the last 3 seasons: 25
Lennon goals in the last 3 aeasons: 5

That's what I'm concerned about. He might not be an elite player but he is better than what we've got, far better in fact, and I think he suffers from the fact he is usually the only real threat we've got.

As I've said, it's a big step backwards if/when he goes unless we can get someone better in and I really doubt that.
To be fair we are about the best team he could stay at because if he joined one of the next level of teams he's not going to play to much.He may get a season or 2 of champions league football and more money but he isn't going to be a big star unless it's off to Turkey,Greece somewhere like that,but perhaps that's what he wants.

To be fair we are about the best team he could stay at because if he joined one of the next level of teams he's not going to play to much.He may get a season or 2 of champions league football and more money but he isn't going to be a big star unless it's off to Turkey,Greece somewhere like that,but perhaps that's what he wants.

Not if we have another season like this. I agree though that a team hovering around the top 4 positions is probably his level.

I can't honestly believe we can have another season like this one,can we?.

images.webp

Don't count your chickens just yet.

The lad spent half the warm up taking pics with fans in the family enclosure. Substitute or not, that's very unprofessional.

He'll go in the summer, it's a nigh on certainty but I can't see him going to the type of team he really wants (like Atletico - Simone style player?really?no...) - he'll end up at a CL club from Turkey or something like that, I'd put money on it.

Another player going backwards under our master tactical genius of a manager.
On his day he is brilliant and could make us so much more potent.
I would like to know what is going on with him because he is nowhere near the player he should be

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back