Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
McGeady hasn't done anything of note to make himself worthy of walking back into the team whereas the other options for his RM spot are:
Lennon (Kiev and EL aside): cracking game, got the penalty and gave our attacking line a impetus
Atsu: assist Sunday in addition to recent impressive cameos
Osman: some would say he is the figure behind a mini revival
Naismith: always gets important goals
Barkley: golden boy, special on occaison
Pienaar(if ever fit): very tidy and has keys to tough defences
Mirallas: arguably one of the most gifted and technical, scores, assists and top 3 finishers at the club
Lukaku (only added because he has played there) : likes running channels and cuts in
Mcgeady: does a step over out of play

So out of 9 players. Mcgeady is my 9th choice

McGeady hasn't done anything of note to make himself worthy of walking back into the team whereas the other options for his RM spot are:
Lennon (Kiev and EL aside): cracking game, got the penalty and gave our attacking line a impetus
Atsu: assist Sunday in addition to recent impressive cameos
Osman: some would say he is the figure behind a mini revival
Naismith: always gets important goals
Barkley: golden boy, special on occaison
Pienaar(if ever fit): very tidy and has keys to tough defences
Mirallas: arguably one of the most gifted and technical, scores, assists and top 3 finishers at the club
Lukaku (only added because he has played there) : likes running channels and cuts in
Mcgeady: does a step over out of play

So out of 9 players. Mcgeady is my 9th choice
McGeady works hard defensively and has a bit of pace.

However I agree. I think he might go with Atsu, Barkley and Naismith for Kiev although I wouldn't be surprised if Osman takes Barkley's spot.

Martinez has brought in wingers in all four transfer windows so far (Deulofeu, McGeady, Atsu, Lennon). I'd say that was a pretty strong statement of intent.
All loans or frees (almost).

I think he's saving for a big signing in that department when someone becomes available. Although Lennon might just have played his way into the managers thoughts however 7m for a 27 year old Lennon still seems too pricey however if we could get that down to 3m or 4m I would be interested.

We would still need another quality winger/inside forward. Hopefully it would be one for the future like Deulofeu, Rafael Silva or even Carles Gil who doesn't look like he fits Sherwood's style at Villa. Actually speaking of Villa, Sinclair has looked decent too. There's plenty of good wingers out there so I wouldn't worry too much.

We have sorted the striker position and that's the hardest. The rest should fall into place.

Actually Miralles' wish to play in Spain and the CL might be rather difficult.

Valencia does not have money for big transfers, and there is no way the Top Two are interested, so I reckon it has to be Ath. madrid or nobody. There is not much spare dosh in the La Liga.

Of course he might go to Italy. But there's not much dosh there either for a 27/28 year old. Likewise for Germany.

maybe he will have to bite his tongue and negotiate this summer with EFC after all.

His all round lethargy this season and playing the media thing makes it dead easy for me not to be too arsed about what happens.

Can't be doing with plums playing for us.

Regards,

Mr A Plum

Actually Miralles' wish to play in Spain and the CL might be rather difficult.

Valencia does not have money for big transfers, and there is no way the Top Two are interested, so I reckon it has to be Ath. madrid or nobody. There is not much spare dosh in the La Liga.

Of course he might go to Italy. But there's not much dosh there either for a 27/28 year old. Likewise for Germany.

maybe he will have to bite his tongue and negotiate this summer with EFC after all.
They do now, they've been bought.

They've got a few good wingers already tho.

They do now, they've been bought.

They've got a few good wingers already tho.
Is this the consortium lead by Singapore businessman Peter Lim?
Peter's a good sort (based on a very brief meeting) compared to a lot of Bertie Blunts in Singapore.... but he did amuse me. I'd be mildly surprised if they are suddenly the new rich club.

Remember when Stadtler and Waldorf were being hounded out of Mordor, and NESV were lining up? Peter Lim got his column inches claiming he was ready to come in with an offer, as he'd been a Liverpool fan all his life.

Despite holding the franchise for the Man Utd bars in Asia.

Still, Singapore is renowned for it's Chameleon football supporters. When Man City came to the fore, it was amazing how their shirts suddenly appeared everywhere. Worn by people who a year earlier wore the blue of Chelsea, and before that the red of Man U.

Suppose it's good to win something every year like...

Is this the consortium lead by Singapore businessman Peter Lim?
Peter's a good sort (based on a very brief meeting) compared to a lot of Bertie Blunts in Singapore.... but he did amuse me. I'd be mildly surprised if they are suddenly the new rich club.

Remember when Stadtler and Waldorf were being hounded out of Mordor, and NESV were lining up? Peter Lim got his column inches claiming he was ready to come in with an offer, as he'd been a Liverpool fan all his life.

Despite holding the franchise for the Man Utd bars in Asia.

Still, Singapore is renowned for it's Chameleon football supporters. When Man City came to the fore, it was amazing how their shirts suddenly appeared everywhere. Worn by people who a year earlier wore the blue of Chelsea, and before that the red of Man U.

Suppose it's good to win something every year like...
yup. http://www.espnfc.us/valencia/story...letes-valencia-takeover-for-100-million-euros

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back