Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Goal aside, goal aside goal aside.
How can you seriously disregard the single biggest contribution to the game, made by ANY of the players on both teams, and then suggest that the quality of his performance can be accurately measured without that contribution? Would you tak ethe same position if he'd scored twice? How about three times, but getting sent off after the third?

To extend that over the course of a season, shall we base our assessment of Lukaku on his play MINUS the goals he's scored? What on earth would be the point?

How can you seriously disregard the single biggest contribution to the game, made by ANY of the players on both teams, and then suggest that the quality of his performance can be accurately measured without that contribution? Would you tak ethe same position if he'd scored twice? How about three times, but getting sent off after the third?

To extend that over the course of a season, shall we base our assessment of Lukaku on his play MINUS the goals he's scored? What on earth would be the point?

Well no, because Lukaku's job is to score goals.

While a goal is nice for a winger, its not his primary job, and in that respect, he was appauling.

I just jumped in at the goal aside bit so I missed alot of the argument haha. to me creating is just goals, assists, and creating chances/ opportunites for goals.

And all but the goal, he was pretty poor at the weekend. Goal was great and i like kev, but he is no world beater and we will move on when he does go.

And all but the goal, he was pretty poor at the weekend. Goal was great and i like kev, but he is no world beater and we will move on when he does go.
that's true for basically any player outside the top top players. Kev is still one of our best players and we'd be best off keeping unless we got a great offer (as with any other player).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back