Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hard not to like Mirallas,despite him sometimes not fully committing to the cause it seems,and he has had what you might say a good season scoring 11 goals,considering the amount of time he's missed and came on as a sub

Can't abide this lol

Society now says you can't have a difference of opinion to something without being classed as a "hater".

Put me in the category of "mild indifferentiators" if that even is a word! If it isn't though at least it gives people a box in which to categorize me!
Please accept my apologies for the adoption of the vernacular. I was referring to those posters (and there have been many these last few weeks) who have been slagging Mirallas off and blaming him for all the poor performances the team has delivered this year, on the flimsy basis that he took a penalty and missed, and sometimes looks a bit annoyed when we lose.

Rational analysis that points to Mirallas being poor? If any existed, I would be happy to listen to consequential criticism of the player. Adding two and two together, reaching seventy-nine as a result and then using it as an excuse to label one of the club's very best players as useless, greedy, lacking in commitment or someone we'd be better off without? That's a hater at work.

There are people in this thread who have stated recently that they'd happily see the back of Mirallas.... and keep McGeady.

My love is slowly rekindling.

....know what you mean, he can be a pain but he is very talented. I really think his value in the market is underrated on here. Goal scoring wide players are a premium. Look across the park at the winger they bought for £20m and compare him to Mirallas.

I appreciate the option we have on his contract but he needs to sign a renewal otherwise we have to consider moving him on (but only for top dollar).

....know what you mean, he can be a pain but he is very talented. I really think his value in the market is underrated on here. Goal scoring wide players are a premium. Look across the park at the winger they bought for £20m and compare him to Mirallas.

I appreciate the option we have on his contract but he needs to sign a renewal otherwise we have to consider moving him on (but only for top dollar).
Agreed. Whether we want to keep him long term or we want to sell him this summer, we need that option activated either way.

Hard not to like Mirallas,despite him sometimes not fully committing to the cause it seems,and he has had what you might say a good season scoring 11 goals,considering the amount of time he's missed and came on as a sub
don't think this is true. just because he doesnt track back like Lennon or run around like naisy doesn't mean he's not committed

Please accept my apologies for the adoption of the vernacular. I was referring to those posters (and there have been many these last few weeks) who have been slagging Mirallas off and blaming him for all the poor performances the team has delivered this year, on the flimsy basis that he took a penalty and missed, and sometimes looks a bit annoyed when we lose.

Rational analysis that points to Mirallas being poor? If any existed, I would be happy to listen to consequential criticism of the player. Adding two and two together, reaching seventy-nine as a result and then using it as an excuse to label one of the club's very best players as useless, greedy, lacking in commitment or someone we'd be better off without? That's a hater at work.

There are people in this thread who have stated recently that they'd happily see the back of Mirallas.... and keep McGeady.
Don't think many would class Mirallas as poor but isn't it a fair criticism to say that Kev's form and fitness is erratic? A lot of wingers are, seems to go with the job description like eccentric is applied to goalkeepers, but it can be very frustrating at times even if overall you appreciate what he brings to the club.

You previously quoted Executioners bong so am guessing you feel he is a pretty rational poster, this is what he wrote today.

https://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2015/04/27/tactical-deconstruction-everton-3-0-man-utd/
Mirallas recent charm offensive about signing a new deal has – probably – been the result of his agent not finding him the ECL suitor his ego appears to crave. Whilst the gold Bentley driving winger is clearly inconsistent (and a bit of a tit) there’s no doubting his capability 1v1; he’s a great finisher, and arguably the best at the club in such scenarios.

Don't think many would class Mirallas as poor but isn't it a fair criticism to say that Kev's form and fitness is erratic? A lot of wingers are, seems to go with the job description like eccentric is applied to goalkeepers, but it can be very frustrating at times even if overall you appreciate what he brings to the club.

You previously quoted Executioners bong so am guessing you feel he is a pretty rational poster, this is what he wrote today.

https://theexecutionersbong.wordpress.com/2015/04/27/tactical-deconstruction-everton-3-0-man-utd/
Mirallas recent charm offensive about signing a new deal has – probably – been the result of his agent not finding him the ECL suitor his ego appears to crave. Whilst the gold Bentley driving winger is clearly inconsistent (and a bit of a tit) there’s no doubting his capability 1v1; he’s a great finisher, and arguably the best at the club in such scenarios.
I don't agree that he's inconsistent, if the observer has realistic expectations.

The stats show that he is our second highest scorer over the last three years (28 goals), and only two behind Baines over the same period for assists (23 v 25). For a player who cost £6m, that is an excellent return. He has the odd game where he is genuinely world class and then we all get frustrated that he doesn't play like that every game, as if it's his standard level of play. He was an absolute steal at £6m, and sometimes turns in a performance that would make you think he cost three or four times that - but he didn't.

Barkley is inconsistent. Barry is inconsistent. Jagielka is inconsistent. All three will have good games and then a run of sod-awful ones. I genuinely don't believe Mirallas is in the same category, because his only inconsistency is the same one as Lukaku's - neither of them score every game.

I don't agree that he's inconsistent, if the observer has realistic expectations.

The stats show that he is our second highest scorer over the last three years (28 goals), and only two behind Baines over the same period for assists (23 v 25). For a player who cost £6m, that is an excellent return. He has the odd game where he is genuinely world class and then we all get frustrated that he doesn't play like that every game, as if it's his standard level of play. He was an absolute steal at £6m, and sometimes turns in a performance that would make you think he cost three or four times that - but he didn't.

Barkley is inconsistent. Barry is inconsistent. Jagielka is inconsistent. All three will have good games and then a run of sod-awful ones. I genuinely don't believe Mirallas is in the same category, because his only inconsistency is the same one as Lukaku's - neither of them score every game.
Jagielka is extremely consistent. Bar the rare blip.

Jagielka is extremely consistent. Bar the rare blip.
giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back