Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
For me, when he's been on the field, Mirallas has been one of the only players actually getting close to his potential (other than Stones, Lennon, arguably Jagielka/ McCarthy) this season. To see that he is yet another player this season whose morale has seemingly disappeared is worrying. It's a reflection of the complete reversal of team spirit we had last season. The worrying thing for me is it's got worse as the season has progressed if anything. At least in 03/04, the players that seemed to become disillusioned were our weakest. This season that hasn't been the case and if Mirallas departs I think we need a complete midfield rebuild. An area we had thought was our strongest. Team spirit/ personnel/ tactics- it all feels a bit too much to turn around.

I appreciate what he's saying, there's nothing wrong with it, but why not just keep your gob shut ffs? What is it with players mouthing off?

Just have the conversation with Martinez then. No need to spout off to the press.

I would argue that taking a penalty that wasn't his to take complicated the relationship if nothing else did.

I think Mirallas wants to leave, it was always his intention to do so. The problem is that no club will come close to the asking price and the clubs that are interested are not of the calibre Mirallas hoped for.

Mirallas is a good player , a bit hit and miss , when he is good he can be very good but too often he is ineffective.
He has ,I think, two more years at Everton depending on the existence of an option. He cannot afford to be a bit part player in the team.

ixjZwP5vAlpif.gif

In all honesty I say re-sign or be sold, if we have a really good season then he'll sign but for him to stay we'd need to make the Champions League or even win a domestic cup. if we make Europa league based on League finish I'd be quite suprised if he stayed.

We just can't afford to lose over 10m and let him walk for nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.