Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mirallas clearly can't play 90 minutes in the prem. People keep kicking off when he gets subbed at 60 minutes but there's a reason he hasn't completed 90 minutes in about 5 months. If you look at the times he's played 90 minutes this season:

90 against Chelsea, 90 against West Brom, ended up coming on against Crystal Palace because we were losing then injured for 2 months against RS
88 against City, 90 against QPR, injured for 2 weeks

He's only played 90 minutes once this season without getting injured soon afterwards.

The Europa League is slower but every time he plays 90 in the prem he risks another hamstring injury. He either has to start a game and get taken off or come on as a sub.

Get subbed every game irrespective of how he is playing. Standard Martinez. :red:

Mostly because he's done sweet fa in games he's started.

He was one of he culprits not pulling his weight earlier in the season. He and Lukaku were anonymous in games. Both were dropped.

Then the penalty incident, which still in my view could've changed our season earlier than it did.

By the time our form improved, it wasn't down to him playing. So we owe him nothing and he owes us a season.

End of the day, he was eying up leaving in January. Hell still wanna go if someone came in.

He was one of he culprits not pulling his weight earlier in the season. He and Lukaku were anonymous in games. Both were dropped.

Then the penalty incident, which still in my view could've changed our season earlier than it did.

By the time our form improved, it wasn't down to him playing. So we owe him nothing and he owes us a season.

End of the day, he was eying up leaving in January. Hell still wanna go if someone came in.

To be fair mate, we could say any of those lines about anyone in the squad. Most of them at some point this season have done sweet fa and did anyone really pull there weight earlier in the season?

No he wasn't he was one of our best players before the new year. He had 7 goals before the turn of the year, he also missed 8 matches in that time due to a hamstring injury so who knows how many more he would have had.

well thats clearly not true

Another issue here is the Belgium media, everytime they run a story there is a problem between the player and the club, it happened with Lukaku, was going on with Fellini, do we realy trust them anyway?

What is it with all the Belgiums when they go off to international break they start mouthing off. Felli, Rom, now Kev.

Fuq Belgium, sign all the bosnians

Are you for real pal?

Mirallas is the second highest scorer at the club since the day he arrived, and second-highest "assister" (not a word but hopefully you know what I mean) over the same time period. He's close to indispensable, until we bring in a better winger / #10

Full Interview here
http://www.nieuwsblad.be/sportwereld/cnt/dmf20150529_01704570
Google translated version -

Kevin Mirallas from Everton has a difficult season behind him. In the first round he was hampered by the aftermath of the World Cup in Brazil and a hamstring injury in the second round he was tough mentally because the club wanted to give him a transfer in January. "It was difficult for me, especially in the head," said Mirallas after training on Friday at the Red Devils.

It was during the winter mercato, however a lot of interest for the 27-year-old Mirallas. "Among more Borussia Dortmund and Atletico Madrid were interested, but Everton obliged me to stay at the club. I understood that something be, because our young group performed below expectations. So I had to stay, but in the second round I was suddenly less on the games. There are promises broken and yet it makes for a somewhat awkward relationship with the coach. Soon I have a conversation with him, "said Mirallas, who still does not know where his future lies.
£10m and Alderweireld would be an acceptable fee. Martinez wouldn't have any decent wingers left though - not that he uses them anyway.

What does that mean? That he actually said those words, or that Everton have broken promises? Could be both, obviously.
It means that Everton would be much better off without him and Martinez, scenes when Martinez replaces him with a winger from Wolves as our devolution continues under the fraud

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.