Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
inconsistent & injury prone you say?

He's scored more goals than everyone in the squad bar Rom & played more games under Martinez than Baines.

Double figures for any midfielder is a great return.

Mirallas 7 goals from 29 league games. Average playing time of 48 minutes a game. Lukaku averaged 80 minutes with 10 league goals in 36 games. Lack of playing time for mirallas may have impacted Roms scoring chances in the league. We seen how they performed much better when mirallas had more game time in Europe. If kev goes he won't be easy to replace and would leave us another wide player down.

Personally hope Mirallas wil stay. Whatever anyone else says, he's the best player at our club imo. Technical, skillfull, creative and a game changer. Also in love with his snidey character.

He scored 11 goals, not bad for somebody who doesnt want to be here and was mostly given 60minutes every 2 weeks.
Anyone who doubts Kev's value as a member of our squad would do well to read these posts.

He's far better than we have any right to expect a £5.5m signing from the Greek league to be. He may or may not be an out and out orthodox winger, but he's still a more productive winger than McGeady, Pienaar or Lennon.

Only Rom has scored more goals for us in the last three years. Only Baines has provided more assists in the last three years. When Kev leaves, we will have a problem finding a decent replacement in our price range.

Add me to the list of people who would like to know the truth behind the rumours of Martinez falling out with several squad members.

Anyone who doubts Kev's value as a member of our squad would do well to read these posts.

He's far better than we have any right to expect a £5.5m signing from the Greek league to be. He may or may not be an out and out orthodox winger, but he's still a more productive winger than McGeady, Pienaar or Lennon.

Only Rom has scored more goals for us in the last three years. Only Baines has provided more assists in the last three years. When Kev leaves, we will have a problem finding a decent replacement in our price range.

Add me to the list of people who would like to know the truth behind the rumours of Martinez falling out with several squad members.

Don't think anyone doubts his ability mate.

Just seems a bit of a nobhead. If his heart isn't here then probably best to get rid.

Will be hard to replace though.

Am I missing something ?
Are we operating in a professional sport or in a kindergarten playground ?

Kevin Mirallas is a professional footballer under contract at Everton FC. He still has some time to run on his contract and therefore has a number of choices.
Do what every other member of the squad is doing, go away for the summer and come back for pre-season. OR
if he is unhappy then ask for a transfer and leave if a buyer can be found.

What is happening here is the opening round of a game intended to get him out of the club without forfeiting loyalty bonuses in his contract.
A situation will be manufactured where it is impossible for the player to stay at the club and will therefore force the club to allow him to leave without asking for a contract.

I am not sure what promises the manager made that were broken unless it was not allowing the player to leave in January......but, if the manager had allowed him to leave he would be slaughtered on here for letting him leave by those who are now slaughtering him for not letting him leave.

Donald Romfeldish I know , but I hope you get the point I am trying to make.

I do believe that from January onwards we have seen a different player. But, does that mean that up to Christmas we saw a player trying to attract buyers to get him away from the club ? rather than a player trying his best for the team. If the manager has broken promises then I can only imagine it relates to allowing the player to leave rather than when he was played in the team or where he was played.

I should add btw that it is a pity that he is leaving our club.
Mirallas is a talent and has been very good for EFC. He offers creativity and goals and will be a big miss from the squad.

The point about other players who are not as good staying is nonsense imo , as this issue is about a player trying to leave the club rather than the club deciding about keeping one player over another.

If Mirallas does leave I would like to see him replaced by Deulofeu who offers a similar kind of unpredictability to our play.

Stop obsessing on McGeady.

This thread is not about him....this is about Mirallas.

A player who has looked disinterested for most of the season and who seems to insult the club every time he speaks to a Belgian newspaper.

The old "lost in translation" argument is redundant now.

He says he had moves lined up in January but the manager wouldn't let him go.

In case you have forgotten, January was the absolute nadir of our season and we had drifted worryingly close to the drop zone.

So, just when we needed "our quality player" most he was busy trying to leave us.

Are you OK with that?

If so, good luck to you.

Screw him.

If he doesn't want to be with us so badly then let the bugger go.

As much as I rate him as a footballer. He speaks too much...disrecpect our club...that is something I agree with. My problem is if we are going to sell him who will be the replacement? We have to sign quality.

he aint staying. this latest story in papers is very clear indication of his thoughts, he is prepping himself into the mode where he can justify his departure in good spirits...basically blaming everton. c***

The good thing is he still has two years in his contract so we can get a better fee if he is leaving.

Its all very well saying get rid to a player who's heart isn't in it anymore and wanting to leave.

The bigger picture here and is more of a concern is that getting rid doesn't solve the real problem.

The real problem it seems, is that i think Martinez might be losing the dressing room and there could be a divide between the players.

Its all very well saying get rid to a player who's heart isn't in it anymore and wanting to leave.

The bigger picture here and is more of a concern is that getting rid doesn't solve the real problem.

The real problem it seems, is that i think Martinez might be losing the dressing room and there could be a divide between the players.
What divide is thus...pray tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back