Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
...I think there is a principle that we shouldn't sell our best players and KM is one of our best players. Saying that, he is clearly sulking and is not indicating he wants to renew his deal (I appreciate we can extend). It's about balance, if he's only playing at 80%, if he's a bad influence at FF then the club have a decision to make. If he does go, however, we should seek top dollar because goal scoring wide men are a rare breed.

I dont know why but I have never really taken to Mirallas and I am not sure he has ever really taken to the club. He seems to be very hit and miss and all depends on what mood he is in. Am also not keen on this habit the Belgians seem to have of moaning about things in their home press (albeit it may be misquoted). I would not be that fussed if he left and the money was properly reinvested.

...I think there is a principle that we shouldn't sell our best players and KM is one of our best players. Saying that, he is clearly sulking and is not indicating he wants to renew his deal (I appreciate we can extend). It's about balance, if he's only playing at 80%, if he's a bad influence at FF then the club have a decision to make. If he does go, however, we should seek top dollar because goal scoring wide men are a rare breed.

Exactly.
Martinez has stated many times that if player doesnt like it here he wont be standing in his way...that obviously includes small print* that arent visible to he puplic

*if the price is right for everton

No he wasn't he was one of our best players before the new year. He had 7 goals before the turn of the year, he also missed 8 matches in that time due to a hamstring injury so who knows how many more he would have had.

Naismith got 6 goals in that time. Nobody's saying how indispensable he is.

When the team needed graft and hard work to win matches, he wasn't doing it.

Lennon came in. Team changed, form picked up.

When the team's struggles you need to grind out results. And we never did when he played this season.

Last edited:

Not really arsed, he's so ineffectual sometimes - even with a full 90 minute game.

If we can make a profit on the £5m be bought him for, I'd sell straight away - and get someone who actually wants to play for us.

Since Dortmund aren't in the CL next season, and might struggle to get it for the seasons after, I can't see him going there.

I understand his want for CL football, he's not getting any younger. If Atletico came in for him he'd 100% play plenty of matches for them (probably similar game time to here), while playing in a weaker league and in the CL. He'd hit 20+ goals in a season for them, and we'd really miss his quality.

We can't afford to miss out on opportunities like Konoplyanka, and then expect our best players to stick around when we're finishing 11th in the league. You need to show ambition with performances or with your spend to keep your top players.

I think Kevin Mirallas is probably letting clubs know he is available to move. The problem with Mirallas will be the fee. I would expect Everton will be looking for circa 12m but I don't think any club will pay that much.

I don't see any of the better clubs coming in for him , certainly not at a price we would like to get.
I could see Spurs hoping for a swap with Lennon, but , now that the season is over and the dust settles I am not sure Lennon is a priority target of ours. I could see him join on deadline day at a real discount price , but maybe not before that.

I wonder if David Moyes would be interested and could he afford him, he would do well for him.

Kev is a strange one for me, I've always felt he plays for Kevin Mirallas FC and sometimes that just happens to benefit Everton too. I don't think that would change if he went and played for any other team.

I'm right down the middle, we either keep a very talented footballer (on his day) or we lose him and we get a decent amount for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back