Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we know what these promises that have been broken are?

Some of the comments in here are proper daft. We need players of his quality, he's our 2nd highest scorer this season and he can single handedly turn games in our favour. I hope he stays, but if he goes we need to get a quality replacement in.

Sadly, he's probably going to have to go this summer.

It's a shame, because I think him and Stones are the best players here, but it seems inevitable now.

Talented player in not being appreciated by Everton fans shocker.

steven-naismith.jpg

If you expect loyalty in the modern game you need to start to rethink.
Players in the main want what they can get, usually money then more money

In the main all mercenaries

If you expect loyalty in the modern game you need to start to rethink.
Players in the main want what they can get, usually money then more money

In the main all mercenaries
But a lot of their employers will be similarly business oriented, if a player drops performances for a while or gets injured or ill then they are shown the door - just look at Newcastle and the way they treated Gutierrez whilst he was battling cancer for example. Even if everything goes well they have at max a 15 year career and for most football is the only thing they know how to do well - do you really blame them for taking full advantage of any opportunity?

As our two-faced thread suggests the fans aren't much more loyal to the players either and that has nothing to do with money.

Martinez has previous for this at wigan aswell, had fall outs with the likes of Diame and one of their forwards amongst others.

Add that to his obsession with playing one way and his favourites such as Barry and Howard he really has the potential to turn us into Villa.

Like I've said all the while look at how Rodgers got rid of decent players like Agger, Reina whilst bringing in crap replacements (add suarez then sterling wanting out)

2 big clubs who have employed midtable managers not upto the job

Do we know what these promises that have been broken are?

Some of the comments in here are proper daft. We need players of his quality, he's our 2nd highest scorer this season and he can single handedly turn games in our favour. I hope he stays, but if he goes we need to get a quality replacement in.
I doubt we'll ever truly know what these 'promises' actually were that Martinez has made unless Mirallas leaves this summer.

On precedent, I think Kev will then spout his mouth off (rightly or wrong) as he seems unable to control his tongue when away from the club.

Many people are clearly jumping on the 'Mirallas is a...' bandwagon, which may be correct. However, maybe it isn't as clear cut as that.

Who knows what is going on behind the scence? Who knows if promises have been made (or not)? Martinez may not be innocent here either.

With regards to the quality issue, I totally agree. What I worry about is that he will leave for buttons and then will not be adequately replaced.

I agree with the sentiment of if he doesn't want to be here, or he hasn't looked totally committed. Yet, we lack in creativity and wide players.

If we let Kevin go then it's vital that we bring more than one replacement who'll improve the squad. I worry this will not happen though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back