Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a side note, if Kev does leave, I don't think we'll get a direct replacement for him - as in that type of 'wide forward'. I compare him to players like Nolito, Perisic etc. They're not 'creative' in the traditional sense, but are effective in the final third. Good ones are hard to find and expensive to buy, so I'd imagine that, if RM manages to get a more traditional 'No.10' in (who i'd imagine will play wide left in our system anyway), then we'd actually go for a more out-and-out winger.

Kampl has failed to impress for them so far - though obviously with a new manager coming in he'll probably get a second chance there. But there's going to be a lot of departures at Dortmund this summer - Gundogan, Ramos, Immobile and Reus may all leave. I really wouldn't be surprised if they were still interested/made a move.

I reckon Reus will stay at Dortmund for one more season. If he leaves though I wouldn't be surprised to see them consider Mirallas

So he wanted to leave in Jan. Martinez blocked the move and elected to play people who wanted to be at the club for the rest of the season.

Now he's crying about game time having wanted to go

Adios.

You know players can want to leave AND still be really good?

The defensive back-tracking is cringeworthy. Mirallas has loved his time here and I'm questioning Martinez, given Distin as well, who'd been exemplary beforehand. Maybe they've both been bells, or maybe Martinez isn't as phenomenal to get on with as it seems.

Either way, whether Mirallas is a Judas or not, whether he stays or not, he's a top, top player. Comfortably our best winger, one of the only players with actual dynamism in the squad, and a clinical finisher to boot (Averaged a goal every 177 minutes, which would be brilliant for a striker, never mind a winger). I get that it's easier to let go of an "inconsistent", "selfish" or "overrated" player than one who is one of our best players, but honestly, stop lying to yourselves. Kev is ace.

You know players can want to leave AND still be really good?

The defensive back-tracking is cringeworthy. Mirallas has loved his time here and I'm questioning Martinez, given Distin as well, who'd been exemplary beforehand. Maybe they've both been bells, or maybe Martinez isn't as phenomenal to get on with as it seems.

Either way, whether Mirallas is a Judas or not, whether he stays or not, he's a top, top player. Comfortably our best winger, one of the only players with actual dynamism in the squad, and a clinical finisher to boot (Averaged a goal every 177 minutes, which would be brilliant for a striker, never mind a winger). I get that it's easier to let go of an "inconsistent", "selfish" or "overrated" player than one who is one of our best players, but honestly, stop lying to yourselves. Kev is ace.
No he isn't ace, he is a good player.....sorry was

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back