Kevin Mirallas

Status
Not open for further replies.
That does appear to have been the turning point in his season though. Lennon playing shouldn't be stopping mirallas playing too. Anyone looking at our squad, a large chunk I'd guess would have started them both on either wing.

It does seem like there's something else going on in the background. His comments just back up what distin was saying and I don't really agree with what Martinez has done with either of them. It's all well and good if you're managing a club with massive funds and a huge squad but we need everyone playing as well as they can and pulling in the same direction. Martinez, hasn't got the best put of the players at his disposal this season, that is what he's here to do.

Distin leaving in the way he did, and that utter disgrace alcaraz getting so many games, and now kev thinking of leaving it just doesn't seem that everything is right behind closed doors. Losing mirallas would be a massive blow imo, he's a player who other teams don't like to play against.
Agree things don't look like they are particularly harmonius off field, they rarely are in a team that has underperformed as badly as we have this season. Good results have a way of papering over cracks that are then exposed when the wins dry up. Iirc Moyes had similar problems in his second season. Even superb man managers like Ferguson and Mourinho have had spectacular fallings out with players - Martinez will either fix things to a comfortable level or he'll be out on his ear.

But Kev has been talking about leaving from pretty much the day he arrived and even when things were going well he didn't extend his contract. There might be slightly increased desire now but he has been careful to be ambiguous enough that he still might stay.

Did he even play 90 minutes all season? I just don't believe that is down to him being injured - he has been mis-managed and frankly I've got little faith Martinez will sign a replacement as good.

Did he even play 90 minutes all season? I just don't believe that is down to him being injured - he has been mis-managed and frankly I've got little faith Martinez will sign a replacement as good.
6 times this season compared to 15 last.

However after March 2014 there was a pattern where he only played the full 90 one game in three and even with that resting still pulled his groin missing the final few games, this season he's had a least three different injuries missing 12 games.

6 times this season compared to 15 last.

However after March 2014 there was a pattern where he only played the full 90 one game in three and even with that resting still pulled his groin missing the final few games, this season he's had a least three different injuries missing 12 games.

Would still be a mistake to lose him IMO, he's our second biggest goal threat by some considerable distance.

That's my worry as well. He's not world class by any stretch of the imagination but he's so much better than anyone I can imagine us bringing in.

Easily one of our best players, and when he's fit and firing we look a far better team for it.

I think hes an outstanding footballer who scored 11 goals last season and is 1 of few players in the squad capable of a bit of magic.
He can be a good player on his day and can turn games. For me it is not often enough. The fact he only plays 60-70 minutes most games is because he has been poor . I think with all the talk last year about disruption in the dressing room we need to stamp it out . If he wants to go let him as at least we will get money for him now .. !!

He can be a good player on his day and can turn games. For me it is not often enough. The fact he only plays 60-70 minutes most games is because he has been poor . I think with all the talk last year about disruption in the dressing room we need to stamp it out . If he wants to go let him as at least we will get money for him now .. !!

The only way to deal with dressing room unrest is to sack the root cause of it.

El Fraudo.

f83f1922-0604-11e5-a7a3-dac6777277cb_web_scale_0.075_0.075__.jpg

He's got big balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back