Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m hoping we are clear of relegation danger before the last game of the season so he can try and flog Holgate, Keane, Gomes, Coleman, Rondon at a car boot sale whilst the likes of Branthwaite, Dobbin, Price and Onyango can have a game and show a modicum of effort and heart.

Well then bud, that tells you that they’re not good enough.

There’s a difference between looking good in awful u23 setup and actually playing in the top flight
Fingers crossed we stay up and hopefully 3/4 games from the end. We may get an insight into which players have no future.
I think Branthwaite will start games, I think a youngster would play in midfield over Gomes.

And maybe a few others.

We would need a magician as DOF to sort this mess out ... half these players wouldn't get a move If we paid others to take them.

Fingers crossed we stay up and hopefully 3/4 games from the end. We may get an insight into which players have no future.
I think Branthwaite will start games, I think a youngster would play in midfield over Gomes.

And maybe a few others.
If we stay up, Id love home to come out and give us a project overview. A 5 year plan, our hope is to do A B C with transfer, the youth team will have this, the career pathway will be this.

Just so we can see where the club is heading

Squad at the start of next season ignoring the youthies as so far they don't look to be involved. You have A LOT of work to do, Kevin.

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
Joao Virginia

Centre Backs
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane
Mason Holgate

Ben Godfrey
Jarrad Branthwaite

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Niels Nkounkou

Right Backs
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson

Midfield
Allan
JPG
Dele Alli
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies

Wide Forwards
Richarlison
Andros Townsend
Demarai Gray
Anthony Gordon
Alex Iwobi

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Salomón Rondón

Squad at the start of next season ignoring the youthies as so far they don't look to be involved. You have A LOT of work to do, Kevin.

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
Joao Virginia

Centre Backs
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane
Mason Holgate

Ben Godfrey
Jarrad Branthwaite

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Niels Nkounkou

Right Backs
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson

Midfield
Allan
JPG
Dele Alli
André Gomes
Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies

Wide Forwards
Richarlison
Andros Townsend
Demarai Gray
Anthony Gordon
Alex Iwobi

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Salomón Rondón

Why on earth would you want to keep Mina.

Last year of a contract and never fit. The most obvious player to sell in the entire squad

I’m hoping we are clear of relegation danger before the last game of the season so he can try and flog Holgate, Keane, Gomes, Coleman, Rondon at a car boot sale whilst the likes of Branthwaite, Dobbin, Price and Onyango can have a game and show a modicum of effort and heart.
Love your optimism mate.

Well personally I'd sell, but I'd sell the other 2 before him and we ain't shifting 3 in one window let's be real.

I don't think it's sensible for a club in our position to allow players with some value to leave for free. We could get 10m for Mina so keeping him would be ridiculous. Never even mind his appalling injury record.

Everyone should actually be for sale at the right price. No one is that important and we need an entire rebuild. It's something to embrace, not something to fear.

Goalkeepers
Jordan Pickford
Joao Virginia

Centre Backs
Yerry Mina
Michael Keane
Mason Holgate

Ben Godfrey
Jarrad Branthwaite

Left Backs
Vitaliy Mykolenko
Niels Nkounkou

Right Backs
Séamus Coleman
Nathan Patterson

Midfield
Allan
JPG
Dele Alli
André Gomes

Abdoulaye Doucouré
Tom Davies

Wide Forwards
Richarlison
Andros Townsend

Demarai Gray
Anthony Gordon
Alex Iwobi

Strikers
Dominic Calvert-Lewin
Salomón Rondón
I think that is the list of players that will be here next year..

I don't think it's sensible for a club in our position to allow players with some value to leave for free. We could get 10m for Mina so keeping him would be ridiculous. Never even mind his appalling injury record.

Everyone should actually be for sale at the right price. No one is that important and we need an entire rebuild. It's something to embrace, not something to fear.

But again, I just said selling 3 in one window is not realistic, Hell even 2 isn't. I'd rather let him leave for free than keep Keane and Holgate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back