Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Concentrate on midfield:

Delph, Siggi both out of contract, sell Gomes, G’bamin, Allan, Alli. Van de been loan ends.

Bring in two quality first team starting midfielders for that lot and it would be a great start Kev. ??

There’s been a lingering issue here which includes signing all sorts of players, and trying to shoehorn them into a way of playing/formation.

Need to do things the other way round - pinpoint a style of play (ie 433) and then bring players in that fit the system.
That does sort of make us predictable. FL needs flexibility and a robust squad to change as necessary

That does sort of make us predictable. FL needs flexibility and a robust squad to change as necessary
Do you think?

Personally, I believe our biggest issue is that we tinker and change too much. Plenty of clubs play 433 week in week out, and we’ve even seen Atletico stick with 442.

I’d rather we had a basis anyway, because right now I couldn’t tell you what it is to be honest.

I can't see him doing anything radical with our finances as they are. Won't get much for most of the squad and the ones we will get good money for will need replacing. He'll need to be a magician to do a complete overhaul in one summer.

Needs to already have put the bulk of the work in, and be ready to go, constraints permitting.

We must avoid doing most of our business after the season actually starts. A bit of Deadline Day excitement is fine, but really that's only to put the cherry on the business already done. It's the sign of poor preparation and planning otherwise.

Be good also if he did another interview and let us know the outline of what he is looking to do. He has a hugely important role and communication is part of it.

Dawned on me today that I’ve got no idea what this fella looks like. Wouldn’t recognise him if he walked up to me in the street.

Don’t know if I’ve just been switched off this season, but seems a nice refreshing change from Walsh and Brands seemingly being plastered all over the club media and being placed on pedestals.

Now go and earn your corn, lad.

Dawned on me today that I’ve got no idea what this fella looks like. Wouldn’t recognise him if he walked up to me in the street.

Don’t know if I’ve just been switched off this season, but seems a nice refreshing change from Walsh and Brands seemingly being plastered all over the club media and being placed on pedestals.

Now go and earn your corn, lad.
He looks like Contract Dave. With a sexier smile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back