Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like appointing a manager before we appointed Thelwell was another poor decision. DOFs should have a say on who the next manager is so that they can agree on a philosophy, style of play and plan for the future. Nothing against Super Frank like.

I'm a bit worried now that I know he wrote a book about a formation that rarely seems to work for us.

Unless it means he'll have to replace the entire squad just to make it work. I wouldn't mind that.

Hard work starts here, I expect a heavy clear out, Thelwell has a big summer ahead of him. Let's hope he proves the role can work here after the last 2 made awful work of it

He's had chance to have a good look at the squad so hopefully has a few ideas. Apparently favours 3 at the back which doesn't fill me with optimism.

As long as he doesn't offer bumper contracts to ageing Premier league players looking for their final payday I'll gladly give him a chance.

So he favours 3 at the back. Well I've got news for him. He's not the manager. Surely it's up to Frank what formation and tactics we play. If I'm right he along with Frank identify what positions need strengthening, then it's his job to go out and recruit the right players.

So he favours 3 at the back. Well I've got news for him. He's not the manager. Surely it's up to Frank what formation and tactics we play. If I'm right he along with Frank identify what positions need strengthening, then it's his job to go out and recruit the right players.
I think frank may favour too. If we going to play that formation. We need 2 new centre backs. One to play on the left and one to play on the right. Need both to be comfortable coming out with the ball and making the pass. I’m 50/50 with Godfrey. I would like braithwaite to go out on loan if we had the numbers.

I feel like appointing a manager before we appointed Thelwell was another poor decision. DOFs should have a say on who the next manager is so that they can agree on a philosophy, style of play and plan for the future. Nothing against Super Frank like.
Both DOF and manager have connections to Tim Cahill though who was advising our dumbass board at the time though, so maybe through that there's some hope that some thought went into it

I think frank may favour too. If we going to play that formation. We need 2 new centre backs. One to play on the left and one to play on the right. Need both to be comfortable coming out with the ball and making the pass. I’m 50/50 with Godfrey. I would like braithwaite to go out on loan if we had the numbers.
Yeah mate, I wouldn't disagree, but that's Frank's choice. My point was that the formation of the team, really has got £#() all to do with the DOF.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back