Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
.An interesting snippet “ The first major decision will be a new academy director after the departure of David Unsworth (which had been in the works before Thelwell’s appointment)
This suggests the “ strategic review” had identified the need to change out Unsworth, maybe Thelwell said let’s do it now rather than the end of the season and start the recruitment process.
Until I meet him in the flesh though I won’t be convinced that he’s not Contract Dave with a new haircut .

First job this summer Kevin, get rid of the absolute clowns in charge of player conditioning and fitness. Utter basket case of incompetence and the worst in the league by a distance.

Patterson Godfrey Mina Doucoure Gomes DvB DCL Gray Richarlison Delph all missing huge numbers of games this season because of injury.

Just not good enough

First job this summer Kevin, get rid of the absolute clowns in charge of player conditioning and fitness. Utter basket case of incompetence and the worst in the league by a distance.

Patterson Godfrey Mina Doucoure Gomes DvB DCL Gray Richarlison Delph all missing huge numbers of games this season because of injury.

Just not good enough

Thought whoever was in charge was already binned this season

Wish the guy well, he'll need it. If he has his wits about him, he will have taken the job knowing relegation was a distinct possibility, and not have swallowed the endless BS they'll have given him about this, that, and the other.

If he has ability, is allowed to do the job, and does so with honesty and frankness about our situation, then I hope it works out.

Just not good enough

Benitez knew.

Root and Branch review needed immediately. If Bill tries blocking it with his "part of the furniture" nonsense deck him Kev.

Benitez knew.

Root and Branch review needed immediately. If Bill tries blocking it with his "part of the furniture" nonsense deck him Kev.

The bloke Benitez hired was then around for 2 of our players (ive forgotten who) gettimg injuries in training.

Need to definitely upgrade the fitness side of things

The bloke Benitez hired was then around for 2 of our players (ive forgotten who) gettimg injuries in training.

Need to definitely upgrade the fitness side of things
The guy that Benitez takes everywhere and only conditions players to 85% match fitness to minimise injuries

Yeah I’m sure that didn’t play any part in us looking like we’re running through treacle

I would like to think he’s busy working on a plan A in the event we stay up, and a plan B if we get relegated. That would be a marked improvement on the past few years when everyone at Everton seems surprised that the transfer window has opened and start scrambling round to find players to sign.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back