Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoping he does another big interview soon and does them regularly. That one was reason Brands never had the backing of the fans, nobody was sure what he thought or even what his real power at the club was

Recruitment in the last twelve months has been much improved,
Gray, Patterson and Mykolenko all seem to be the type of player we should target.
Townsend and Rondon were free , signed largely by the financial restrictions .
Townsend has also been very good value up to his unfortunate injury.

This summer will be interesting.
I think it will continue to be a mixture of young players we can develop and free transfers of older experienced players.
If we stay up I think Tarkowski is somebody we could see at Everton.

What’s he ever actually done though?

I’m going to put my neck on the line right now and say that he will be a colossal failure. Just a feeling I’ve got lads yano. Can’t help it.
The thing is when it looked like we were getting the guy from spurs. Everyone was saying spurs fans where not impressed, also that new piece in the mail made it sound like we’d missed a trick not getting him, but they will always spin it negatively.

Doesnt really matter who we get, there will always be some fans not happy.

Gray, Patterson and Mykolenko all seem to be the type of player we should target.

I think it will continue to be a mixture of young players we can develop and free transfers of older experienced players.

I would avoid any Burnley defenders tbh, look how Keane turned out, they are only good with backs to wall defending, as Keane is, whenever you have a bit of possession, they are forever caught out and flat footed

I would avoid any Burnley defenders tbh, look how Keane turned out, they are only good with backs to wall defending, as Keane is, whenever you have a bit of possession, they are forever caught out and flat footed
Yes look how good our CB’s looked at times last season when ancelotti played 4 CB’s and parked the bus away from home

Is this a joke? The January transfer window was one of the worst I can remember given the situation we were in.

As for the summer - Gray has been off the boil for ages - Townsend has been largely rubbish apart a couple of completely irrelevant cup goals, and Rondon took about 4 months to look anything like a Prem player.

Meanwhile we lost James and Digne (and Gylfi) and haven’t taken a good set piece since.

In January, we signed five players for a relegation fight, and four of them don't get a game.

but has he
- found the arteta money?
- identified a RB,LB, CM, CDM and attacking winger yet?
- revamped Finch Farm?
- sorted our injury crisis?

btw, more seriously, is he on the board, like Brands was? Anyone know what our board looks like? Dont think Cahill is on there yet?

We not talking about Dele Alli & Anwar El Ghazi mate!
Just because footballers are free, dosent make them good signings!
Also recruitment is more about finding areas that the team need and not just buying wingers

Hmm, I'm not sure about that, I think the January window was the epitome of incompetence. A dreadful window.

Yeah the last centre back we got from Burnley that we overpaid for is working out a treat.

I’d like to think he’s got scouts looking at every championship team with the brief of finding the best 18-24 year old talents. Not watching teams in the top 8 in the premier league and listing who is on their bench every week so we can pay over inflated transfer fees and wages for them. That, in a nutshell, is where we’ve ballsed up ever since Moshiri came in. More Cahills and Baines and fewer Iwobis and Deles please Kevin.

I’d like to think he’s got scouts looking at every championship team with the brief of finding the best 18-24 year old talents. Not watching teams in the top 8 in the premier league and listing who is on their bench every week so we can pay over inflated transfer fees and wages for them. That, in a nutshell, is where we’ve ballsed up ever since Moshiri came in. More Cahills and Baines and fewer Iwobis and Deles please Kevin.

Brennan Johnson will cost circa 15m

Gone are the days of Cahill fees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back