Kevin Thelwell - New Director of Football

Status
Not open for further replies.
We needed a change and so did Moyes. So while it's all gone awry for is since, I don't regret it as such.
I think this exactly my view also.

We did need a change, we just made a string of poor decisions about what that change should've been.

Martinez was the first, but I think Koeman and Walsh was our biggest mistake. That set the course for what followed.

Moshiri totally squandered the opportunity he gifted to Everton by not having a coherent long-term strategy.

You've just got to hope Thelwell represents the start of us doing things the right way, but honestly who knows?

Needs to have a balls to stand up to the owner and the board. They have no say on the football strategy. Last 5 years have proved they have no clue.

Reactions: JLW

Sources: Everton plotting move for Jannik Vestergaard after midweek transfer mission​

Everton are plotting a summer move for Leicester City star Jannik Vestergaard, Football Insider can exclusively reveal.

Be afraid lads, very afraid!

Exactly. Some fans worry that it means your club just becomes a factory line/stepping stone, but Leicester have shown you can also win trophies on the way

Whilst I agree with the sentiment you’ve also benefited from a large amount of luck, right company with right people at right time in whatever market you serve. Not to talk down your achievements which sound. Many talented and from same background won’t have had them breaks and therefore won’t attain the success you did mate.
With you there Chico, because luck, of the good variety, plays an enormous role in our destiny.
Despite the fact I have had to answer to far too many clods (who hasn't) throughout my career, I always stove for more. As you also correctly state, good fortune was with me.
The point I was really targeting, albeit quite badly presumably, was the fact that even with good luck and rewards, with greater wealth my attitude towards my employment would nose-dive.

What's that adage again; "Dear Boss, eff off. Rude text following".

Those lottery winners who say it won't change them......why bother entering?
Absolutely BNJ. I would also argue that if it doesn't change your life, give it back. If not, by keeping it AND your job, you are depriving somebody who desperately needs employment the chance to earn.
Thus making them the most selfish git in Christendom.

With you there Chico, because luck, of the good variety, plays an enormous role in our destiny.
Despite the fact I have had to answer to far too many clods (who hasn't) throughout my career, I always stove for more. As you also correctly state, good fortune was with me.
The point I was really targeting, albeit quite badly presumably, was the fact that even with good luck and rewards, with greater wealth my attitude towards my employment would nose-dive.

What's that adage again; "Dear Boss, eff off. Rude text following".
Aye spot on man. I love to see the good people get ahead, rather than the superficial beauts.

If ever a man had his work cut out for him... Totally disjointed injury prone squad, up to our eyeballs in ffp and no doubt our best players looking to leave, whoever they are. Oh and a list of players you'd find hard to give away.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back