2022/23 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not remotely relevant, but my cockney mate was on the phone to me this morning and mentioned something about Thelwell - spent a good minute laughing my backside off - it's not a surname which lends itself to that accent particularly well

Tarkowski on a free was boss business

Onana is one of the signings of the summer

McNeil could probably improve under Dyche

When you consider he also targeted Kudus and Danjuma but just missed oot on both I have confidence in him long term to bring in some decent signings when our finances improve.

Patience is needed - Big Kevs got this.
But the top two signed because of Lampard's chats...

KT did really well on the Danjuma thing but then let it drag on and failed to ensure he signed. Not just on him of course, Danjuma would have been nuts to join, but you make sure that deal is done.

He is not fully to blame. But, he has to take some responsibility for the fact that we're still just a DCL injury away from relegation. Because we are.

But the top two signed because of Lampard's chats...

KT did really well on the Danjuma thing but then let it drag on and failed to ensure he signed. Not just on him of course, Danjuma would have been nuts to join, but you make sure that deal is done.

He is not fully to blame. But, he has to take some responsibility for the fact that we're still just a Dominic Calvert-Lewin injury away from relegation. Because we are.

That may be the case but Thelwell still identified them both.

The cats now oot the bag in that Lampards a clear fraud of a manager you'll not see any top players sign for him in future wherever he next ends up.

Big Kev needs our support - if he doesn't deliver a CF next summer then I would say criticism is warranted however had we had a Dyche type manager from the start of the season we'll have been much more an attractive proposition this January window just gone and much less anger about the place which was fuelled in part by being thrust into another relegation battle.

The cats now oot the bag in that Lampards a clear fraud of a manager you'll not see any top players sign for him in future wherever he next ends up.

Big Kev needs our support - if he doesn't deliver a CF next summer then I would say criticism is warranted however had we had a Dyche type manager from the start of the season we'll have been much more an attractive proposition this January window just gone and much less anger about the place which was fuelled in part by being thrust into another relegation battle.
A centre forward was our most desperate need when Thelwell came in, since then he has seen Richarlison sold, it was finally accepted by the club that Rondon is absolutely rubbish and he was let go. Kevin's answer was to bring in the vertically challenged Maupay, when it would be obvious to a blind man that the only way this team functions is with a target man.

So taking all that into account, why on earth should 'Big Kev' get our support. He's already had two windows to bring in adequate cover for Calvert Lewin,who is just too much of an injury risk to rely on? Why on earth would he be any more likely to sign a centre forward this summer?

I'd like to see what he could accomplish without Kenwright's meddling.
Should have walked on principles of professionalism if there is this amount of meddling, at this rate he never gets another job in football at this level. The fact he sits on in job speaks of man who knows he is at the top of game and in best job he is going to get.

I wouldn't go as far as saying we've been thrust into another relegation battle.
I'd just say we've carried on where we left off..

Should have walked on principles of professionalism if there is this amount of meddling, at this rate he never gets another job in football at this level. The fact he sits on in job speaks of man who knows he is at the top of game and in best job he is going to get.

Marcel Brands walked right back into his previous role after here, so that idea is nonsense.

I suspect he's fully aware of Moshiri's intention to sell up and is hanging around until then.

…I don’t get this, ‘January is a hard window’. Surely there was an adequate striker option somewhere on this planet that was willing to come to this club.

Regardless, we started the season without a central striker. It was the summer window. Thelwell sent Simms to Sunderland, Rondon wasn’t deemed good enough so we struggled for a month without an adequate back-up to Dominic Calvert-Lewin before Maupay was brought in. Maupay is exactly the type we didn’t need. Surely that £15m could’ve been better spent.

We are now into the 2nd half of the season & the fact we haven’t got an effective back-up to Dominic Calvert-Lewin is bordering on gross negligence. There is absolutely no excuse for a PL club being in this position. Thelwell is risking our PL existence with his incompetence, there is no defence for him.
Wow, what a fantastically insightful take. I can't believe that's not been brought up before. Are you an investigative reporter ?

Not the case with Tarkowski btw. Lampard was dead set on him.

We know it was a joint-up process. They both take credit and blame.

Thelwell needs time, he needs to be allowed to do his job. But there are significant issues that he hasn't solved.

Not getting a CF in January is something that should not be easily forgiven.

Marcel Brands walked right back into his previous role after here, so that idea is nonsense.

I suspect he's fully aware of Moshiri's intention to sell up and is hanging around until then.
What is nonsense is comparing role of director of football in English premier league and The Eredivisie as equal...

Status
Not open for further replies.