2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Difficult to deal with selling to comply the PSR deadlines and not having the money to reinvest.
His job does not solely revolve around buying players

We have a youth setup, from literal children to players who should be on the verge of the first team, that is utter shambles and wildly known to be poorly run.

There is no plan or career progression in place for younger players. It doesn’t take money to sort that out

His job does not solely revolve around buying players

We have a youth setup, from literal children to players who should be on the verge of the first team, that is utter shambles and wildly known to be poorly run.

There is no plan or career progression in place for younger players. It doesn’t take money to sort that out

He's been 3 years under the worst stewardship in the clubs history.

Very rare to PL clubs churn out youth team players to first team unless you're the big teams who've poached the best.

Very rare to PL clubs churn out youth team players to first team unless you're the big teams who've poached the best.

We haven't been so bad have we, we've had Simms, Broadhead, Branthwaite, Dobbin, Gordon, Cannon in the last couple of years. A few others who have made nominal appearances.

One of those is going to the Euros the other is very unlucky not to be and should be.

We haven't been so bad have we, we've had Simms, Broadhead, Branthwaite, Dobbin, Gordon, Cannon in the last couple of years. A few others who have made nominal appearances.

One of those is going to the Euros the other is very unlucky not to be and should be.

Yep. And we've made close to £100mill from them too

Not many clubs are doing that

….i put Branthwaite in a slightly different category seeing he was bought from Carlisle and didn’t come through the youth system at Everton. Saying that, it is a strategy that has been successful given Stones, DCL, Lookman, Branthwaite et al.

Who’s the next one through on the conveyor belt then?

We'll there's always 1 or 2 that pop up every year that fans think will break through.

Dobbin is the most interesting one. Was firmly part of the 1st team last season. Will either get another shot or be sold IMO.

Mate, the youth setup has made no improvement at all. And I’m not talking about the churning players out for the first team, I’m talking about the culture and the development plans for the younger generation.

Its abysmal

….i put Branthwaite in a slightly different category seeing he was bought from Carlisle and didn’t come through the youth system at Everton. Saying that, it is a strategy that has been successful given Stones, DCL, Lookman, Branthwaite et al.

Think its all part of it these date mate, Youth recruitment i think is mega, City and Chelsea are absolutely mopping it.

People keep banding this 50 mill pounds number about for Beto Maupay Chermiti. I’d be amazed, absolutely amazed if 50 mill English pounds have ever, or will ever, leave Everton’s accounts for these players. No one knows what we really paid for them, some sites have figures in pounds, some in euros, if it’s euros then it’s significantly less than that figure being banded around. There’s then a number of clauses and stipulations in all deals linked to add ons etc. which unless someone here works for the Everton commercial team is a complete unknown to us. So people just taking the highest figure they’ve seen in a newspaper and screaming about 50 million is ridiculous. I’d wager the money that leaves Everton’s bank account for these three players is significantly less and when all three eventually leave the club one day it will net off as a minimal loss at worst (a potential gain if Chermiti develops anything close to Calvert Lewin)

The exact same way we didn’t pay 40 mill for Dele Alli, and we almost certainly didn’t pay 50 mill for Richarlison or Siggurdson. Just because the Echo or Sky sports has a huge headline number, it doesn’t mean that’s what we actually paid for them.
Does that mean we also don't receive the fees that are reported?

How can you judge Thelwell on the state of our youth set up when he's only been here 3 years? Any players now of the right age to be considered for first team football, let's say minimum 17, would've then already been at least 14 when he joined if not older.

How can you judge Thelwell on the state of our youth set up when he's only been here 3 years? Any players now of the right age to be considered for first team football, let's say minimum 17, would've then already been at least 14 when he joined if not older.

You look at Jarrod and Dobbin, would they have contributed to the squad/season without the career a pathway of PSV or Derby.

In a lot of management courses they say it takes 10 years to change to culture in an organisation, once you start.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.