2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
The last we were told, we didn't have a pot to urinate in, so I'd be interested to know if that has changed slightly

The PSR thing is sort of separate - all the deals we did made sense in that context.

The NDiaye signing is a step in the right direction (in my opinion at least) to address some of the issues we had last season, but there are so many things that need looking at over the next two months:

• We have one proper left back in the squad
  • We have two right backs who are, to put it politely, past their peaks and another who's usually injured and Dyche doesn't seem to fancy anyway
  • We have two centre backs that nobody wants to see near the team and who are out of contract in 12 months anyway so need replacing one way or another
  • We have a very distinct lack of quality through the middle of midfield and we'll be selling our brightest prospect there this summer anyway
  • We have two wingers in the squad, both of whom are left footers, more comfortable playing from the left and are not what you would call quick
  • We have a striker who doesn't want to sign a new deal who is the focal point of the team and needs to be sold and replaced rather than being allowed to walk away for free next year
If the budget to address all this is effectively zero, it's a huge task to get this done properly

It’s difficult not to envisage another relegation battle, with or without more PSR deductions.

This place will explode if he signs Broja.

His poor scouting is destroying our budget year in year out by wasting funds to replace the flop from previous season.

Single handedly waste everything we earn from Gordon and richy.

We’ve missed out on a lot of players in the last few years - the scouting has been fine but we lack the funds / skills to complete deals.

It’s difficult not to envisage another relegation battle, with or without more PSR deductions.

I'd argue that last season wouldn't have been a relegation battle without the PSR deductions - we'd have finished 22 points ahead of 18th without the 8 points being knocked off.

If we don't get any deductions this season and we find ourselves in a relegation battle that would mean we've gone backwards.

I'd argue that last season wouldn't have been a relegation battle without the PSR deductions - we'd have finished 22 points ahead of 18th without the 8 points being knocked off.

If we don't get any deductions this season and we find ourselves in a relegation battle that would mean we've gone backwards.

Without the points deduction do we:

A) not have that mini run immediately after the initial deduction

B) not go 509 years mid season without a win

C) have that bad run but sack Dyche because we are mid table

D) not have that run at the end where we pull away from the drop

E) a combination of the above not happening

F) everything still happens how it happens.

Sliding doors, Gwyneth Paltrow and all that

Yes

Wage bill reduced by about £290k a week due to Godfrey, Gomes & Delle moving on… that’s £15m a year less on wages.

Don’t know what danjuma was on, but that too.

Our wages to turnover should be a lot more respectable right now.

He's done well to get past June 30th without having to sell Onana or Branthwaite considering the amargeddon predictions six weeks ago.

I'm very confident Branthwaite will stay for another year. Who knows with Onana but if he stays then it's one less signing you need to make for CM and generally that's the most settled and productive part of the team for Dycheball.

Now the second half of the window is what can he bring in to replace those who've left as they do need to be replaced.

The form was good before the first points deduction last season.

I reckon Kev is a smart cookie
I'm sure he has a cunning plan.
He will be looking at a 5-7 year strategy.
We've had too much short term decision making in recent years. Remember we signed 3 number 10's in one close season.
Plan for the future.
I'm sure Kev is thinking longer term.
Stability is what we need and a proper foundation.
Kev is the man to build a proper Championship team for us

I reckon Kev is a smart cookie
I'm sure he has a cunning plan.
He will be looking at a 5-7 year strategy.
We've had too much short term decision making in recent years. Remember we signed 3 number 10's in one close season.
Plan for the future.
I'm sure Kev is thinking longer term.
Stability is what we need and a proper foundation.
Kev is the man to build a proper Championship team for us

I tried to read it like a poem but it didn't work mate

;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back