2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rule to follow, ignore any link with any player over 25 on a purchase, we simply aren't doing so. Loans or frees yes, ignore any player link of s guy who'll be coming in on over 90k pw, we aren't doing that.

Any link to aplayer who has started to break into a side but hasn't established himself yet there, or any player who has broke through then had a down season, then likely to be a genuine link.
We will have offered DCL more than 90k a week.

We will have offered DCL more than 90k a week.
Coming in goat

DCL is already here

Same as Pickford would be offered a contract in excess of that again too.

But we simply are not offering contracts anywhere close to the crazy days of yore.

Need evidence then check the contracts of any incoming player since Thelwell came in.

Coming in goat

DCL is already here

Same as Pickford would be offered a contract in excess of that again too.

But we simply are not offering contracts anywhere close to the crazy days of yore.

Need evidence then check the contracts of any incoming player since Thelwell came in.
I reckon Tarks is on at least 100k.

But I agree, no more Andre Gomes or Yerry Mina for 120k a week.

We have spent on players over the age of 25 a total of 3m (Gueye) everyone else has been a free or loan, why because the resale value finishes over the purchase price and often you're left holding the wage of an unwanted player.

The only players of 25 have both been anomalies, centre forwards and literally emergency necessities, Maupay and Beto (for different reasons)

Every other our user has been on 25 or younger, a good amount of those on players who broke through then had a down year, or players who are in the verge of breaking through.

Agree re Tarks, actually thought it was closer to £120k (assuming his full contract value is spread evenly over the term, not front loaded by a signing fee)
Big difference of course is he didn’t come with a £22m (Gomez) and £25m (Mina) transfer fee too.

Think people get hung up on nominal weekly salaries rather than whole contract outlay.

Don’t see a problem paying a decent player ‘£120k per week’ on a 4 or 5 year contract as it’s ‘only’ £24m over the entire 4y term.
When you think both Mina and Gomez effectively cost double, that’s when it becomes a problem for our clubs meagre income.

The date on the thread title is misleading if the threads are merged, surely in footballing terms it's 2024/25 now that we are past June 30th...

... and erm, you are not maximising your sponsorship potential.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back