2023/24 Kevin Thelwell

Status
Not open for further replies.
O'Brien im a bit cautious about, ive seen him a bit as hes from my neck of the woods, hes a good steady whole hearted player and thats fine, i was surprised to see the likes of Ajax in for him - if im honest ive not seen him prove to be at that level but hes still developing - but thats my take - im a bit cautions on how easy Lyon let him go.

Just figured I'd flag - the main reason for this is that Lyon's finances in a bad way; Goldman Sachs were involved in refinancing their debt about 6 months-ish when John Textor (a name I'm sure is now familiar to Blues) took over.

They also didn't have what we have, ie;- many high value assets that could be sold on - so much so that they've sold their very successful womens team. O'Brien is one of those, hence why they've let him go for less than he could be worth

Just figured I'd flag - the main reason for this is that Lyon's finances in a bad way; Goldman Sachs were involved in refinancing their debt about 6 months-ish when John Textor (a name I'm sure is now familiar to Blues) took over.

They also didn't have what we have, ie;- many high value assets that could be sold on - so much so that they've sold their very successful womens team. O'Brien is one of those, hence why they've let him go for less than he could be worth
Noticed prior to the sale that a lot of Lyon fans expected him to go for well in excess of £20m. £17m really surprised them.

They've also spent a small fortune regardless including donating Forest the best part of 50m for a couple of ok players. A very odd summer for a team (and a league) with financial worries.

Re-iterating a point I've already made in this thread: it's refreshing that the transfer window so far has involved ins/outs with logic and strategy behind them. And the obvious reasoning for that is we now have 'football' people in charge of the dealings without Kenwright or Moshiri sticking their noses in.

Our biggest issue for this window is that the squad requires so much work, it's impossible for a club in our financial situation to get everything sorted in one window. We're probably looking at another few transfer windows before we're realistically going to be in a position where we have a well balanced/sized squad.

They've also spent a small fortune regardless including donating Forest the best part of 50m for a couple of ok players. A very odd summer for a team (and a league) with financial worries.
Lyon have spent 130m on players so far this window, so I'm not sure they have any money issues.

Is their fat cretin of an owner linked to Lyon as well?

Not at all, that's what I don't get.

No one can tell me these deals between Forest, Lyon and Newcastle aren't dodgy AF.

Incoming:

1722592051403.png

Outgoing:

1722592077693.png

Just for reference, Niakhate was signed for £8.5m + addons in July 2022, has played 14 and 21 games since then whilst not really standing out and getting injured, and now sold for £26m (club record purchase for Lyon), which just so happened to be about the amount Forest needed to be PSR safe.

People questioned a £10m switcheroo with Dobbin and Tim but eff me, the above are just criminal.

No one can tell me these deals between Forest, Lyon and Newcastle aren't dodgy AF.

Incoming:

View attachment 267283

Outgoing:

View attachment 267284

Just for reference, Niakhate was signed for £8.5m + addons in July 2022, has played 14 and 21 games since then whilst not really standing out and getting injured, and now sold for £26m (club record purchase for Lyon), which just so happened to be about the amount Forest needed to be PSR safe.

People questioned a £10m switcheroo with Dobbin and Tim but eff me, the above are just criminal.

Hang on what, Newcastle have signed their bum second choice keeper for £20m?!?!?!??!!?

Interesting

Incoming:

View attachment 267283

Outgoing:

View attachment 267284

Wow that's a Sow's Purse if ever there was one !

Who said that you can't make 'a "silk" PuRSe' out of a sow's ear no matter what ?

Re-iterating a point I've already made in this thread: it's refreshing that the transfer window so far has involved ins/outs with logic and strategy behind them. And the obvious reasoning for that is we now have 'football' people in charge of the dealings without Kenwright or Moshiri sticking their noses in.

Our biggest issue for this window is that the squad requires so much work, it's impossible for a club in our financial situation to get everything sorted in one window. We're probably looking at another few transfer windows before we're realistically going to be in a position where we have a well balanced/sized squad.
It's also a direct benefit of not chopping and changing managers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back